Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • Ever owned a certain bike, then sold it, then bought another??
  • clubber
    Free Member

Inbred. I've had two or three if you count the 456.

circumstances change. Different bikes meet requirements at different times.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I normally try and avoid your posts Ton, but tonight I caved in as I couldn't believe after spending **** knows how much on that Nicolai (sp) you are still pratting around trying to find a bike that will never ever give you what you want.

Because I don't think even you know what you want.

tang
    Free Member

ton- have you seen this? friend has just ordered one from canada
    banshee paradox 29er

ton

kingtut, i agree mate, and hopefully one day i will find that bike……
    and like i said, if it dont suit, dont read…

simon_g

Not with the selling bit in between, but I did buy a Dialled PA only to replace it with another Dialled PA.

Was going to get the old black one resprayed but a mk3 in orange came along in the classifieds instead.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had a Kona A'ha at Uni. Sold it when I ran out of money, always regretted that and got another one on eBay eventually. I've not got a huge amount of use out of it to be honest, and indeed it isn't a good bike. I've always felt a connection to it that I don't generally get with bikes. I associate it with some heroic days on the Mendips in early summer 2000 which I'm not even sure I was riding it for. 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

blur 4x and chameleon. not got a santa cruz fetish or anything, in fact i felt a bit embarrassed owning a 'boutique' bike, i much prefer an 'everyman' one. id have either again in a heartbeat though, cash permitting.

ton, mama, i like the way you two play with bikes, wish i had the cash to do the same. i dont think ive seen many bikes either of you have had that i wouldnt like a go on (provided i pretend tons wheels are the right size!). my problem is i always go for posh parts, if i settled on slx level stuff i could afford to swap around more often i guess.

Bregante

crikey. Is it just me? what's the problem here? if you don't wanna read it…………

don't read it.

But don't read it and THEN complain about it. 🙄

Personally, I live my fantasy bike buying/building life through you pal 😉

ton

😆

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

really dont see what peoples issue is with Ton buying & Selling bikes, I am one of the worst on here for the same, my cash my time, my bikes. If you have had enough of reading his posts asking about different kit.. Dont read em, nothing wrong with trying to get the best possible bike for your cash, and at the end of the day its fun specing new builds.
    , if you dont agree……… Get over it!

philsimm
    Free Member

Exactly – everybody needs some kind of OCD. Just happens Tonys is bikes. Mine too…now where is that torque wrench………..

KINGTUT
    Free Member

, if you dont agree……… Get over it!

Fair enough, however just a thought, Ton, maybe a skills school would be money better spent than trying to chase that 'magic frame' that will do all you want.

As I said just a thought.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Here here- why do people ave to be so blummin miserable on forums- as Ton said if you're not interested don't read…simple

philsimm
    Free Member

He's trying to say your a shit rider there Ton.

Fight
    😀

Saccades
    Free Member

Used to own a Carrera LRS, always enjoyed going for a spin on it, eventually swopped the frame for a Deore front brake and getting the Blur frame I'd bought to replace it built up.

Got tired of the Blur constantly needing new bearings and the lack of rear tyre clearence (rode like a demon though), so I ended up getting a Merida Transmission, which is pretty much the carrera frame but with even more fancy frame shaping and a little more travel at the back.

Rides just as great as I remember.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He's trying to say your a shit rider there Ton.

Fight

Nope, I don't know Ton or his riding style he may be a great rider but he seems to be looking to improve his riding experience purely through his choice of bike.

I've chopped and changed a few times myself (bikes stolen or changed for rubbish reasons) but for me the best upgrade and the most beneficial change was getting fitter and losing weight.

duir
    Free Member

2 GT Zaskars
    2 Cove Stiffees
    2 Cove Shockers

All due to my inability to choose the right size or as my GP calls it O.C.D.

nbt

Nope, I don't know Ton or his riding style he may be a great rider but he seems to be looking to improve his riding experience purely through his choice of bike.

I think you have Ton confused with Hora there, mate 😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had a 2007 Genesis iO which was sold to fund car repairs. Then I had a 2008 Genesis iO which was sold to fund buying a new car. Bloody cars, perhaps I should stick to bikes?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I'd do the same as Ton if I could afford it

Coyote
    Free Member

Ton, have you explored the delights of the 29"er? As a larger* rider I would have thought that they would be the way to go.
    *You, not me. [shortarse]I'm 5'9".[/shortarse]

twohats
    Free Member

ton – Member

kingtut, i agree mate, and hopefully one day i will find that bike……

Maybe if you kept one long enough to get used to it, you might just find the one.

Oh and quit it with all the ………………..

… is enough!

ton

Coyote –

5 times mate 8)

Coyote
    Free Member

And…

taka
    Free Member

lol what wrong with owning a bike for a few weeks then selling it? i have a different bike everytime i go out on a stw groupride 😛

stonemonkey
    Free Member

sold a team edition sunn bmix that i will never get back. Ton, if you enjoy building up bikes and can afford it , keep doing it.

oh and can you buy a porsche 968 and the sell it to me for a good deal

martinxyz
    Free Member

a pace rc200 f6. x2

TooTall
    Free Member

its a bit like anything in life. Nobody minds someone waving their dinkle once and a while with a new bike – or something else 'good'. We all share a little in their good fortune and enjoy their moment. It just gets a bit 'loadsamoney' when someone does it on a regular basis. I think thats what some people are getting at. I know I am.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

why do people think it costs loads of cash to do this? you build a bike for say £1500 from parts, you sell it for £1500, then you build another and so on, it only costs loads if your, daft, palin stupid and buy parts over their worth or have too much money!

soops
    Free Member

You are only here once so if Ton wants to keep buying and selling bikes to find the right one whats the problem? From what i have seen most people get a bargain when Ton sells something. 🙂

Had a soul and replaced it with a soda which i love! Thinking of selling the soul but keep putting it off as i enjoyed riding it. Wish i had kept hold of my Orange 5's. Maybe one day i will be able afford another.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Bregante – Member
    crikey. Is it just me? what's the problem here? if you don't wanna read it…………

don't read it.

But don't read it and THEN complain about it.

In the Ghetto (Wiltshire) we call them 'player haters' 😀

Some folk are never happy unless they are pissin on some one elses fireworks, it's a little sad really.

Keep going Ton – spread the wealth! 😀

djglover
    Free Member

Who is worse at this Ton or Hora though. That is the real question, which of them has owned more bikes that they've then complained didn't meet their needs in often the most subtle way?

slowrider
    Free Member

got to be ton, hands down! then mama, then hora.

gutted none of them ride the same size bike as me, id have been a penniless but proud owner of many great bikes by now!

ton

see takas how many bikes thread………

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I don't think Hora is as bad nowadays, although he has changed his bike again recently!

BTW I'm not pissing on Tons fireworks, if he wants to spunk every last penny he has on buying bikes it's up to him, but IMO he seems to be doing it for the wrong reason.

In fact I find it hard to find the right reason for going trough so many bikes in such a short amount of time, however carry on Ton most on here seem to be entertained by it.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

see takas how many bikes thread………

Taka is just young and daft though.

😉

ton

KINGTUT
    it does seem to bother you for some reason..
    i find it hard to put my finger on thae reason…………..
    jelousy???
    penis envy????????????

KINGTUT
    Free Member

No Ton not jealousy, disposable income isn't a problem for me (until next year at least) and I haven't seen your penis to be envious of it.

ton

then what is the problem………….
    i do not drink, smoke, do drugs, own a car, have a big motgage.
    i run no credit up, or owe anyone any money………
    why should i not swap and change my bikes when i want, and ask about other bikes i may be interested in???

please tell me why..

Daffy

Personally, I love Tonys bike buying. I live my life vicariously through Tons "new bike" and "FS" threads. I just wish I was taller and could take advantage of it.

Keep going Ton, it's ACE!

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Ever owned a certain bike, then sold it, then bought another??’ is closed to new replies.