Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • eVent jacket repair?
  • yoshimi

Managed to get a small ‘L’ shaped tear in my eVent jacket. It’s not actually a hole, it’s sort of pulled off the inner slightly with the ‘L’ tear in the outer fabric…does that make sense?

What’s best to repair it?

thanks

tandemonium
    Free Member

Goretex repair patches will work. I tore an L shaped tear in my eVent shorts, about 2cm x 3cm. Used a goretex patch, & has held fine for the last 2 years inc washing regularly. Can get them from most good outdoor shops, Cotswold Outdoors, GoOutdoors, Blacks etc.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Goretex tape repair. Works a treat.

woolymonster
    Free Member

There’s the kits mentinoed already but also seen this: Outdoor Kit Repairs

Hope it helps.

yoshimi

Thanks guys – I was torn between the patches and tape but I ended up ordering one of those McNett Goretex patch repair kits from Go Outdoors and supplemented my order with some half price Nikwax Wash and Re-proofer. Give the old girl a new lease of life:)

Although my bright orange jacket will now have a quite obvious big black patch on the elbow

yoshimi

wooleymonster, shame I’d not seen your post, I’m only down the road from them!

kcal

Scottish Mountain Gear – in Musselburgh – will do ‘proper’ repairs if you can afford the postage and costs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘eVent jacket repair?’ is closed to new replies.