Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Evans Ride It
  • BigSteve
    Free Member

Has anyone done these? Looking at the longer 30 mile ride. Are they much of a challenge? They seem quite cheap for an organised event.

.duncan
    Free Member

I've done quite a few, the ones round Great Missenden (sp?) and Wendover area have been the best in my opinion.

I would reccomend them to get the feel for riding in an area and then maybe go back and explore at a later date.

GJP
    Free Member

I have done a few around Surrey. One was not very challenging (Woking), other than it been a complete mud fest which made it hard work. The others in the Surrey hills have been fairly challenging (in a down south sort of way!) but not technical rides.

I like the idea of just turning out if you feel like it – not a great one for plans.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sohala
    Free Member

did the north yorks one last year at sutton bank. didn't rate it much, seemed like they ran out of options to keep off road and still make the advertised distance, ended up more like a tour of the local villages!
    and the "os map" they provided was a colour photocopy of the local area. unfortunately, they didn't manage to copy the whole of the area the ride covered, so we had a map of half a route!

i'm not bitter though 😐

enfht
    Free Member

I did the Herts one last summer, worth a bash I'd say

Keep the map you're given and save the GPS routes that they give out on their website – both come in useful when you move to the area and need some routes to ride like I did!

One word of warning, if its at all wet then set off EARLY otherwise you're riding in 200 other rider's tracks!

simon_g

Did a trailbreak one before Christmas, planning to do the first Evans one in the new year. As said, a good way to see a new area without the navigation hassles – Evans have a fleet of bookable demo bikes available too so a good way of trying something out.

simon_g

The Chieveley one this weekend has been cancelled because of the snow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Evans Ride It’ is closed to new replies.