Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Evans cycles what a waste of time
  • dnpadsy
    Free Member

14 days ago i ordered a rockshox reverb & still waiting for delivery because of security issues with courier what a bunch of useless *******s!!

theotherjonv

What’s the issue?

dnpadsy
    Free Member

Problem with billing & delivery address but both billing address & delivery address is the same, there was no issues with these when they took £280 out of my bank account

bigthunder
    Free Member

I bought a bike off evans. 2 weeks later the x9 rear mech snapped. If I wanted to return the bike it was gonna cost 50quid. Had to do 4 runs thru to Glasgow to fix their mess. Useless is a compliment to them.

dnpadsy
    Free Member

Spoke to them this morning & these posts are in stock in all there stores, can i pick 1 up frommy local store? Not without paying for another, can i have my money back then & ill buy 1 from a store nope not till next week great!!

highclimber
    Free Member

14 days ago i ordered a rockshox reverb & still waiting for delivery because of security issues with courier what a bunch of useless *******s!!

you are being rather disingenuous aren’t you?

surely it’s the courier you should have a problem with?

dnpadsy
    Free Member

Disingenuous nice word mate & i dont think i am evans chose which courier they use so its there problem too. Ive spoke to evans on 3 occasions about this so surely they could of sorted problem.

Elmo
    Free Member

Being fobbed off.

How can security issues with a courier be a problem?
    They pick it up, they deliver it!
    If there’s a security problem, get another courier, why let them have the parcel?

Rubbish.

dnpadsy
    Free Member

I agree Elmo & useless is a compliment to them funny well we live & learn ill stick to local bike shop in future!!

snakebite
    Free Member

I’d be more peeved at paying £280 for one!!!! 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Evans were really good with me. However it does seem a bit like your being fobbed off or not being given the whole story.

MoreCashThanDash

Used them online for a couple of bits, never had a problem – managed to order, deliver, return and replace a pair of badly sized shorts in 7 days!

I’ve used the Nottingham shop several times as it’s handy for work, including the last commuter bike, and again, no problems at all.

Not denying that other have problems, but just relating my experience

alexpalacefan

Like many of the above, used them once.
    Never again.
    They have no idea how to run a business and then no idea how to sort out problems when they inevitably occur.

Avoid.

APF

johnnystorm

Nothing but good service in all my transactions, even delivering soon bike sooner than expected.

If bought with credit card then contact your firm for a refund and let them
    give Evans grief.

johnnystorm

I bought a bike off evans. 2 weeks later the x9 rear mech snapped. If I wanted to return the bike it was gonna cost 50quid. Had to do 4 runs thru to Glasgow to fix their mess. Useless is a compliment to them

Why would you send a bike back for a rear mech? Would they not just send you a new one in trade for your old one?

donsimon
    Free Member

Are you sure that there’s no difference in the spelling between the billing address and delivery address? Just a thought.
    How quickly would you be on here if your order had been nicked because the courier didn’t ask questions.?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow 2 experiences…no more evidence needed!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

They have no idea how to run a business

They seem to do pretty well from a business perspective, care to share your multi million pound business succsess?

TiRed

We have an Evans Cycles ON SITE at work. They give free services and are generally very helpful. Everything I’ve ordered has arrived in a timely manner. Plus I get £1 to spend in their shops every day I cycle to work 😀 . What’s not to like?

bigthunder
    Free Member

Johnnystorm – Yeah did try to send the mech back but they wouldnt do anything till they had seen the bike and asessed the damage themselves. Real pain in the arse.

johnnystorm

Big thunder:

FairPlay, sounds like a ball ache. 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You paid £280 for a fekkin seatpost?

Did they have a telescope?
    Because they saw you coming a LOOOONG way off!!!

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

bunch of tadgers in the Glasgow branch… spent 3k plus in there and their not very helpful. Had to call head office on a warranty issue to be told they had changed the computer system therefore had no record of the purchases I have made. Told them my sob story and the dosh I had spent in their stores = attitude change, no problem mister Crombie bring it in to your nearest store and we will send you a replacemnt item!

deviant
    Free Member

£280 for a reverb?….priceless 😆 .

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

bigthunder – Member

I bought a bike off evans. 2 weeks later the x9 rear mech snapped. If I wanted to return the bike it was gonna cost 50quid. Had to do 4 runs thru to Glasgow to fix their mess. Useless is a compliment to them.

X9 rear mechs don’t just snap for no reason , if you got a free replacement you have been very lucky .

mudsux
    Free Member

Sorry. Evans cycles is great for me.

X9 rear mechs don’t just snap for no reason

I agree.
    And surely a snapped rear mech only warrants sending the rear mech back and not the entire bike.

A big up to Evans cycles. I bought a pair of Endura 3/4s, rode them and the fit was *awful*. Yes, I tried them in-store – but on-bike they were not right. I went back in, having also lost the receipt – and they looked it up on the PC – and I was given an exchange for another 3/4s and paid the difference. This was totally unexpected for me.

Thank Evans!

tthew

Great for me too. They replaced my broken frame Commencal Super 4 with a new Specialized Camber, whole bike not just the frame, when Commencal were dicking them about.

It is a bit of a pain to get to them, it’s a 45min round trip, but that’s the cost/benefit balance working against me, the upside being the original bike was a bargain that I couldn’t have got from my LBS.

AdamW
    Free Member

Absolute utter pants for me. I hate them with a vengeance.

Went to buy a new trek fuel ex9/2010. they were the only ones around with stock. Phoned up and was answered by someone who must have gone off to bake a cake while he looked up the bike on his computer. In the end I tapped into the Evans website and told him the part number.

Went to test it:

“Come in early on Saturday as we’ll have customers.” Yes, me! The bike cost me two and a half grand, isn’t that good enough for me to be considered a customer?

I walk in and get insulted as I walk in. “What the **** are you doing here?” I look around to see if there was anyone behind me. Nope. “Oh, aren’t you the local Trek dealer man?” “No, I’m a customer.” “Oh.”

It got a little better but they did their utmost to part me from my cash as quickly as possible with as little help as possible.

Am now looking for a road bike but I will never shop there ever again. I’ll pay a little more and go to the LBS for that. Even if they were next door with naked dancing people showing off the bikes I wouldn’t. (But I may look through the window though…. 😆 )

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Evans in Gatwick has been shocking.

Went with my GF to get a new bike. They had a Rockhoppers in a ladies 15″, ladies 17″, gents 17″ and gents 19″. They were insistent that she needed the gents 19″ size despite her virtually unable to reach the bars. She is 5′ tall. She now rides a ladies 15″ which fits perfectly.

I tried to buy some carbon bars which were on the shelf. I took them to the cash desk, the assistant said “I’ll go and get a box”. She wandered off, and 20 minutes later hadn’t come back so I went home.

I tried to buy a helmet. Took it to the cash desk and was totally ignored for 15 minutes. I asked 3 people to serve me. One ignored me, one said I’ll be with you in a minute and one said. “we’re too busy to serve at the moment”. This was mid week and the shop was virtually empty.

I walked out and haven’t gone back.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Im well aware that mechs arent supposed to snap for no reason but this did. Left me with no confidence in the bike. Evans are pish.

grantway
    Free Member

dnpadsy – Member
    Problem with billing & delivery address but both billing address & delivery address is the same

Could not see why that is an security issue, would believe every residential order would
    be the same.

alexpalacefan

King Tut, my business isn’t multi-million pound, a fair point. But, (and of course there’s a ‘but’), all of my customers are happy.

See what happens if you ask “Hope any good?” on here. That’s how you run a business IMHO

APF

kimbers

went in last week as i realised i didnt have enough oil to service my forks

me: “do you have any 7.5 wt fork oil?”

evans guy: “eh?”

me: “oil for suspension forks”

evans guy: “you dont need oil, you just remove the forks and grease the bearings”

me: “ill go down to halfords”

anono

service at all big bike chains is variable (think halfords) but in support of evans, their price match is pretty good – including giving me fulcrum red metal 5s for £89

legend
    Free Member

Left me with no confidence in the bike.

Oh jeez, I assume you don’t actually ride a bike then if that’s all it takes?

bigthunder
    Free Member

What? If one critical component,brand new on a bike breaks for no reason what am I supposed to think? Ive had plenty of broken mechs(my own doing) but brand new,for no reason and then for them to be dicks about it. Glasgow branch as well. Legend theyre crap and thats it.

dnpadsy
    Free Member

Post was £220 my mistake & ive spoken to evans on 3 occasions 2day to be given 2 different excuses why post hasnt been delivered 1… Its not been dispatched yet 2… Security issues with courier.
    Ok so can you ring courier & sort out the problem so i can have my post? Of course mr adams give me 10 mins ill ring you back 4 hr later i rung them back to be told they couldnt get in touch with courier? Ok so can i have money back? Yeah sure itll be in your account within 3-5 working days thank you evans what a fantastic service!!

antigee

bought a couple of bikes and both experiences poor so won’t be a third

Trek road bike wouldn’t shift correctly on front – when i lookd at it found the mech was way off parallel to chain rings, annoyed because Evans (and Trek) make much of their must collect made up and properly checked bike

Ordered a kids bmx online, collect from store only and rang up to check would def’ be ready went to collect with daughter on the saturday – “no problem” – arrived to be told they couldn’t find the order, (i had a copy fortunately) then they had no stock, then its in a warehouse up the road but will need to be made up and checked could i come back in a few days – took 2hrs and dogmatic persistence to get sorted

balintatevans
    Free Member

dnpadsy: I’m sorry to hear that the delivery of your order has been delayed. Please send me details to community.manager@evanscycles.com, so we can look into it. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Balint
    Evans Cycles

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Another Faux Pas by Evans today: Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new wheelset, large box arrives today similar to that of a wheelset. Open up to find a bike bag with an invoice for someone in a diff country. Customer services were alright though agreed to return to my local’ish store and collect wheels from there when they eventually arrive – £10 gift voucher for my inconvenience!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Evans cycles what a waste of time’ is closed to new replies.