Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Euro on the slide – hooray (if you are a tourist)
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Article about looming German debt crisis

Maybe I will get to go to the Alps for some more biking this year 😀

alpin
    Free Member

that is indeed good news despite the fact i am living and earing euros here in germany.

my £-savings took a massive hit due to a combined effort of share prices and the exchange rate falling.

i would like it all to drop so much that i can put forward money on a house/house with land somewhere in bavarian alps or over the border in austria. prob expecting a bit much though….

kevonakona
    Free Member

SSSHHHH the euro has been falling slowly but steadily for a few weeks now, i’ve been watching due to an alps trip in the summer. But if we make a noise about it it might pull it’s socks up and come back strong.

grumm
    Free Member

Good news for my alps trip in July.

Presumably now everyone will start going on about how clever Gordon Brown is for fixing the economy? 😛

Smee
    Free Member

it’s still shit though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

SSSHHHH the euro has been falling slowly but steadily for a few weeks now, i’ve been watching due to an alps trip in the summer.

Ditto!
    🙂

uplink
    Free Member

The mighty $ is also on the slide – 1.60 again
    The pound must be looking like a good bet to a lot of dealers – I heard something on the news about the Swiss Franc not being as popular as it has been recently & investment coming back to the pound

I’m off to the US next week but bought my currency when it hit 1.50 last week 🙁

juan
    Free Member

crap 🙁

mrmo
    Free Member

swiss franc is at 1.7, which is alot better than the 1.5 at new year, but still a long way short of “normal” which has been 2.2-2.5

not really surprising that DT has got rather pricey

stevomcd
    Free Member

Thank **** for that.

Having set up a new business with prices in pounds and costs in Euros about a year ago, it has been an “interesting” year… 😯

To be fair, we’ve been less affected than many others in the same boat as the exchange rate wasn’t exactly at a record high a year ago either.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yeah I know the pound has been steadily gaining against the Dollar and the Euro albeit in a rather modest fashion. Good news for people intending to travel or buy goods imported from these countries etc.

My view is that Britain was dealt a somewhat unfair hand by various critcs around the world several months back. These people have great influence whatever our position is. I also think that market performance is a far better indicator than the opinion of a few guys who clearly have an axe to grind.

Aside from the exchange rate issue, i think the Eurozone has been getting well ahead of itself on prices for way too long (many years infact). Any economic experts out there who can explain why?

Let us hope things improve for us.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Euro on the slide – hooray (if you are a tourist)’ is closed to new replies.