Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • forget you planes and trains you want some tanks!
  • z1ppy

As neither planes or trains those really interest me.. how about tanks and armoured vwehicles… not interested in war mongering but I do love a good tank.

When tanks were tanks, the Panther:

Classic Kelly’s heroes Tiger

and a bit more upto date, was interested what the new vehicle the UK is using in Afgantistan, after yesterday terrible news about the latest two soldier to die there. The all-terrain armoured Jackal vehicle

Anyone else?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

The all-terrain armoured Jackal vehicle

I can see a problem with that one – or is the “armour” transparent?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beamers

I can see a problem with that one – or is the “armour” transparent?

The V shaped hull provides blast protection from mines which is the main threat.

AndyP
    Free Member

some kind of clever ‘mines on string hanging from trees’ plan would be an idea from yer supressed inhabitants of whatever country we’re invading in the name of ‘freedom’ then..

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Yeah, loads of trees in Afghanistan in the areas in which the Jackal operates.

BTW, most of the people doing the fighting are as foreign to Afghanistan as the British (in fact some of them are British) are. They are very far from being ‘suppressed inhabitants’.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Shaun – You love your Mastiffs don’t you?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

thats what i get to work on every day!!

sooty i love mastiffs!!! there the best

z1ppy

to be fair the article on the Jackal does mention how they are to be used off-road, rather than just on-road. 80Mph top speed with no windscreen, cool!

Cheiftain being put to good use…before

after:

but what I always wanted… a scorpion

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Shaun – Nah, you’re gonna be playing with this little beast soon (in that harbour too).

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

that is RCL (i can say that with confidence)

im so looking forward to my trip out there!!!!

must not forget to fill in my missed meals etc 😉

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Last time I was on that Shaun we were laying a submarine pipeline for off-shore tanker receiving on Ex Thirsty Flamingo.

Happy days.

beamers

That Chieftain is probably broken down in that second picture.

How about a bit of Challenger 2 with a Gazelle thrown in for good measure?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Beamers – BATUS?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

dont you miss it???

im on leave (as you can tell) and im bored sh1tless now!!!!!!! i cant ride as im aching all over from my trip to wales last week.

im not sure what im out there for but i know its not tosca or even an Ex

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I do miss it a bit.

Don’t miss being sat at the mortar and rocket magnet better know as Basrah Airbase though. 😉

mattbee

I really must learn how to post pics!

I’ve got a Scorpion.

It’s got the 30mm Raden cannon, and other than the rather poorly powerpack is in pretty good nick.

Anyone genned up on these wants to earn a beer or 2? ;-p

Also got a Saracen, rare ‘flat top’ one, which was designed to be an ambulance. Most of them just had the turret taken off and more armour welded on, but this one was designed that way from the outset. Again, fairly good nick but has a crack on the inlet manifold that needs welding. Sounds like a simple job, but there’s 7 tons of extra armour to take off, then the rest, and the powerpack out! She’s still got bullet marks on the rear door from when she was in service.

My Humber Pig is in pretty poor condition, rusty as hell, no doors or wings and the running gear is US. Still got that ugly charm about it though. Probably should have sold it for scrap when the prices were high.

Now, how many of you own a tactical nuclear missile? Mine’s 21ft long, mainly titanium and alu, and is due to arrive at my Airsoft site sometime next month. Unsure of name, the bloke who sold it said it was Sea Wolf but it doesn’t look like one to me.It was a part of a trial for the RN in the 60’s. Never saw service as one bought from the yanks was cheaper in the end. Best £800 I’ve ever spent!

z1ppy

Mattbee, We need pictures!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

If it has a 30mm cannon its a Scimitar not a Scorpion.
    The Saracen was a standard production model, not just a Scorpion with it’s turret taken off, part of the same family of AFVs as the Sampson (recovery), Samaritan (ambulance), Sultan (command) and Striker (Swingfire equipped) vehicles.
    Oh and I believe the Sea Wolf was a ship-borne SAM system. The UK had very few of its on tactical nuclear missiles, they were operated for the US under the dual key system and as the US is very funny about disposal of assets outside of the USA its very unlikely you have one.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Love the shape of the Merkava.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wheeeeeee…..

beamers

Beamers – BATUS?

Yep, posted there for 2 years – 2007 and 8.

avdave2
    fu_manchu
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock another Merkava fan here, take it you’ve seen this one…

Also love the modern Russian stuff, nothing sleek about these – T-90:

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I work with a guy who was a tank ‘technician’ he reckons the best tank in the world, at present is the German Leopard, dunno myself.
    Fu-manchu, yep, seen that Chariot photo before, Class!

MtbCol
    Free Member

The new winter kit for the armoured division 😆

z1ppy

nah you need a proper pink landy

Was looking for a leopard piccy

this was on the same thread

any one else think the guy on the left has a strange ‘feature’?

beamers

How about some tank related video?

beamers

Not tanks but still in the AFV vein:

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘forget you planes and trains you want some tanks!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts