Viewing 40 posts - 34,961 through 35,000 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • aracer
    Free Member

You never were very good at counting

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

I can’t look! The tension…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

BLLX

matt_outandabout

No…

matt_outandabout

Maybe

aracer
    Free Member

(it seems some people don’t know how many posts there are on a page 😉 )

matt_outandabout

Curses….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Third time lucky

1000 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bravo aracer

You win!! You are Michel Barnier and you us all £5

aracer
    Free Member

No – just good at counting 😆

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Pleased that’s over….

Felt like an episode of Father Ted.

matt_outandabout

Careful now…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Does in not depend on how long the posts are?

Cougar

If you include all the deleted posts, this is the first post on page 1,003.

(I’m not joking either..!)

AD

8)

aracer
    Free Member

Nope – new page starts after 35 posts have been made on a page (the total post count of less than 35,000 is due to posts being deleted on previous pages – I’m assuming given Cougar’s comment that posts deleted before a new page is started don’t count towards the 35). My first post on the previous page was 12th post on the page…

igm

matt_outandabout – Member
    Careful now…

A motto for those tempted by rampant nationalism that ends in Brexit?

dudeofdoom

Go Brexit…..1000 pages an we still don’t know fk all what it means 🙂

Cougar

I’m assuming given Cougar’s comment that posts deleted before a new page is started don’t count towards the 35

Correct. Unless I enable the magic button which displays them again, in which case it shifts all the page numbers accordingly. So presumably there has been 105 deleted posts on this thread (well, 106 cos I’ve just deleted my own double post too).

Cougar

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Aracer – not sure whether to be impressed or sad! But with that inside knowledge are you outing yourself as a secret mod? 😉

binners

1000? Blimey!

I’d put ny house on us hitting 2000 with nothing any more resolved than it is now

mattjg
    Free Member

don’t read this post, I’m merely chipping in to page 1,000.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’d put ny house on us hitting 2000

you so sure we will still have power and the internet then 😉

mefty
    Free Member

new page starts after 35 posts have been made on a page

There has been rampant page inflation because it used to be 40 – in this case don’t blame it on the Brexit, blame it on the boogie.

scotroutes

There has been rampant page inflation because it used to be 40 – in this case don’t blame it on the Brexit, blame it on the boogie desire to increase the click-count/advert feed rate.
    [/quote]FTFY

aracer
    Free Member

If I was I wouldn’t need to assume about deleted posts would I?

Or is that a double bluff? 😈

Though don’t be too impressed at my counting ability (actually I’m not sure I had ever counted the posts on a page before just now, just noted that 36 posts resulted in a 2nd page, 71 in a 3rd etc.)

Northwind

tjagain – Member

Why do you think tyhe outies are so hysterical about the prospect of another referendum? Its because they know they would lose

Even Jamba admitted this is the case, says it all really.

jambalaya – Member

Remainers want a second Referendum on the deal as it will surely be rejected, Remainers will vote no and half the leavers will think the deal is either too soft or too hard. It’s bound to be 66/33 whether its a hard Brexit or a soft Brexit.

mefty
    Free Member

FTFY

You are very cynical for a mod.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So if i understand this correctly we had a narrow win based on lies, there is no majority for what to do next, no clear plan but we have to get right behind it, whatever it is.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you dont readget the e-mails when you have been naughty then 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Anyway, back to the original subject – didn’t catch up before when I noticed we were on page 999!

😆 I suggest you do some research into what a zero sum game is

nick1962
    Free Member

I’ll repeat what I said several hundred pages back that the best the UK can aim for a customs union like Turkey have but with the power to negotiate it’s own trade deals with non EU members.It will come at a price though…
    As an aside is the EU actually a force for good? It may be good for it’s members and citizens but is it good for the rest of the world,especially developing nations? Many African nations feel they are getting shafted by the EU. Germany makes more money out of coffee than Ethiopia where it is grown for example.EU import tariffs stifle the development of developing nations.They can sell some of the raw materials(stuff the EU needs but cant grow) but not maufactured products where the real money can be made nor stuff that competes with EU grown produce without crippling tariffs. Looking from outside of the EU bubble is the EU anything more than a giant cartel that actually keeps poor non EU nations poor? Lots on here have laudable views about alleviating poverty,helping others, promoting freedom and equality etc but do the EU trade policies actually achieve the opposite? I don’t for one minute think this was ever in the minds of any of the Brexiteers btw.

Cougar

with that inside knowledge are you outing yourself as a secret mod?

I’m Brian and so is my wife.

jambalaya – Member
    Remainers want a second Referendum

#

Many don’t as they understand that referendums have no place in a parliamentary democracy.

Interesting to read that Jamba thinks Leave will lose heavily though.

Cougar

the best the UK can aim for

That’s really not the best the UK can hope for. It’s the least worst.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I thought Junker was using an analogy about 28 drinks but just saw him on the news and he must have been the only guy in the bar

chestrockwell

Is this still page 1000?

If so ‘celebrate good times, come on’…

jonba
    Free Member

So in the last 1000 pages have any of the leavers told us what the plan is. Anyone admitted that the bus thing might not have been 100% accurate?

I think this thread is a bit like bitcoin, you think it’ll crash and fade away but it just keeps getting bigger.

Northwind

Cougar – Moderator

Interesting to read that Jamba thinks Leave will lose heavily though.

TBH I think most brexiteers know this; it’s why the campaign promised everything to everyone, they knew there was no vision of brexit- no real brexit- that could win them the referendum.

The only surprise is when people admit it.

crazy-legs

Post 35000!!

And 350 million for the NHS.

Oh wait a minute..

Viewing 40 posts - 34,961 through 35,000 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.