Viewing 40 posts - 20,081 through 20,120 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • DrJ

TMH no one here is ever going to aplogise, they’ll just keep posting their “it’s all lies stuff” day in day out rather than engage in a discussion. They don’t have the strength of character to do either of those things.

Beyond parody.

Shackleton

TMH no one here is ever going to aplogise, they’ll just keep posting their “it’s all lies stuff” day in day out rather than engage in a discussion. They don’t have the strength of character to do either of those things.

I would post something more pithy in response but my irony meter has just exploded and I can’t see the screen for smoke….

igm

The Barnier story.

BRUSSELS: The European Union’s Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier said on Saturday that the EU would need “special vigilance” in letting British financial firms access the bloc because of the large risk London could pose to the EU’s financial stability.

Responding to a report in the Guardian which said he had told EU lawmakers that he wanted a special deal to maintain EU firms’ access to the City of London, Barnier tweeted: “When asked on equivalence I said: EU would need special vigilance on financial stability risk, not special deal to access the City.”

An EU spokesman said the Guardian report did “not correctly reflect” Barnier’s comments to a closed-door meeting with members of the European Parliament last week. http://m.economictimes.com/news/international/business/eu-needs-special-rules-to-protect-it-from-british-financial-risk-michel-barnier/articleshow/56537877.cms

zokes
    Free Member

TMH no one here is ever going to aplogise, they’ll just keep posting their “it’s all lies stuff”

The problem is, so much of what you have posted is either a blatant lie or such a twisting of the truth to not be very far removed from one, the very rare occasion you actually post something factual is very easy to miss.

I suggest you have a read about The Boy Who Cried Wolf.

kimbers

Well there goes the neighbourhood

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Oh dear, stay short £ and FTSE 250 and long FTSE 100

kelvin

Buy land near ports and airports.

Get your Irish passport if you live in NI.

Transitional deal a no brainer.

zippykona

‘Britain is seeking”..no a megalomaniac psycho bitch is.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

David Davis is seeking a new deal from the EU that will differ from the current one then, I can see why he got the the job.
    Oh shit!

cchris2lou

oh dear , Brexit means Brexit .

zippykona

Lets hope Putin decides to leak her donkey sex tape pretty soon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

TMH no one here is ever going to aplogise, they’ll just keep posting their “it’s all lies stuff”

Given the leave campaign director basically said we had to lie and it worked otherwise people wouldn’t have voted for it, I can’t see anyone apologising for the lies, same as the Trump thread people rejoice in the lies and tell us how it’s clever politics and winning is what matters.
    #350millionlies

MrOvershoot

teamhurtmore – Member
    Mrovershoot, on your side, you might want to apologise to Jambas as his “fact” about G7 growth rates is correct. (But it is not expected to last.)

He well might be correct as of now & possibly proved right in the future but his quote was
    “The UK remains the G7’s strongest Economy post Brexit”

We are not at “post Brexit” yet

kelvin

“The UK remains the G7’s strongest Economy post Brexit”

The USA is the strongest economy in the G7.
    I’d expect it still to be post Brexit.
    We may be growing faster, but our growth rate would have to be insane to overtake USA .

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Kimbers, that might be my favourite thing you’ve ever posted 🙂 seriously its been obvious we will leave THE single market as Gisela and so many other people have said, THE single market is the EU. Thats why its ties to freedom of movement, there is no need for freedom of movement in a free trade deal. Its a political add on.

Barnier tweeted: “When asked on equivalence I said: EU would need special vigilance on financial stability risk

Stable door. Horse. Bolted.

Mr Overshoot yes fair enough, I should have said post-Referendum. It is right to say we are at the point of maximum uncertainty.

Kelvin yes I meant growth wise

TMH you know the answer to your question so why would I reply, it wasn’t the comparison I made anyway ? Also IMO G7 is the comparison we want to be making not an EU hotch-potch. If you want to compare with EU countries go ahead. BTW Germany has started to get a grip on the cost of the 1m refugees they took in, €20bn (IMO real cost will be double that). Interesting story on the Chernobyl thread that EDF will need a massive bailout. The bills are mounting.

Transitional deal a no brainer.

Depends on terms, freedom of movement, ECJ and of course cost. All to be none for me.

mickmcd
    Free Member

no a megalomaniac psycho bitch is.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambas, mon amis, I was referrring to this comparison that you made

The UK remains the G7’s strongest Economy post Brexit and activity in the rest of Europe is very weak.

As we both know the second part of the comparison is not true. GDP growth in EU is only slightly less than the UK (and in some cases higher) and has recently (like the UK) surprised on the upside.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Govt. now threatening tax cuts to level the playing field if we don’t get single market access.
    Threatening?
    We decided to leave! We don’t get to threaten.
    What a bunch of utter fools we have leading these negotiations.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Don’t mistake them for fools. They will do quite nicely out of it. It’s those who voted out who are the fools.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

On the lose:lose theme

So the Gov is now preparing us for a slow, hard exit. Q impressive to pick the worst bits from both aspects.

mrmo
    Free Member

Abandon European style social model…. So what does that mean… oh yes lets scrap the NHS, scrap any employment rights lets move to a US model.

And then May is saying lets all pull together, if that is the plan then sorry, Brexiters are scum.

Intersting to see that no one really trusts any of the politicians to solve the issues and that the NHS is starting to fall apart

Really will have to consider if i want to live in this country anymore. No opposition a government hell bent on destroying the quality of life and death in this country.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Intersting to see that no one really trusts any of the politicians to solve the issues and that the NHS is starting to fall apart

Parhaps a call for Sir Alan to run things then? He’s probably not loopy enough though.

kerley
    Free Member

Brexiters are scum.

It took you 6 months to realise that?

zippykona

Well it looks like she has gone totally mental.
    There’s a march coming up soon ,be on it.
    http://remainvisual.co.uk/2017/01/06/unite-for-europe-march/
    If you can’t make it join a pro eu organisation or even the lib dems.
    DO SOMETHING WHILE WE STILL CAN.

mrmo
    Free Member

Brexiters are scum.
    It took you 6 months to realise that?

No, but in the interests of “uniting the country” I was merely happy to say i believed that they were wrong. IF what is being leaked comes to pass, then merely being wrong is no longer a fitting emotion.

The UK has a serious issue in that there is no opposition, the politicians really haven’t got a clue. When the bottom of the pile realise just how bad it is going to get then what? What is the murder rate in South Africa, Brazil etc? Look at how peaceful and tolerant Victorian England was!

I guess the next step is bring back hanging, can’t have any of that European human rights malarky.

br
    Free Member

If they had a referendum on capital punishment then hanging would be back, along with 0% income tax if they also asked what the tax rate should be

mrmo
    Free Member

If they had a referendum on capital punishment then hanging would be back, along with 0% income tax if they also asked what the tax rate should be

And does the death penalty work? Looking at murder rates around the world in from the UKs history, no. Does it result in the innocent dying, definitely.

mefty
    Free Member

I always wondered where the “End is Nigh” placard wearers has disappeared to, now I know.

kimbers

Just more brexishambles really, the transition deal promises an election with only one focus next time round.
    Hammond threatening to turn us into a tax haven if we don’t get what we want .. 😛

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well that’s not totally stupid

Hammond must be feeling even more isolated now

cchris2lou

In short, the UK is Going for Hard Brexit but not straight away?
    Surely that is a win for the Remainers camp.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Gerard Coyne interviewed on Sophy Ridge, candidate for leadership of UNITE is clear that his members want an end to freedom of movement.

@kimbers IMO 2020 election was always going to be about the vision for Britain outside the EU. Whatever deals are negotiated they are going to be in place by 2020, old news in election terms. I am sure we’ll get some “electoral carrots” like ending VAT on ultility bills which would not be possible inside the EU.

Look at unemployment TMH, around 10% in many countries with youth unemployment anywhere from 25-50%. What’s the stat, UK and Germany have created 80% of the new jobs in the EU in the last year ? There is a good reason our exports to the EU have been steadily sliding for 10 years and that’s because the EU is very weak.

Brexiters are scum

All 17.5 milion people eh ?

My view is there will be an EU trade deal, the above plus that is about the best Remainers could have expected I think.

mrmo
    Free Member

All 17.5 milion people eh ?

yes, if what is being leaked comes to pass. They have enabled the destruction of the welfare state. For that i can not forgive them. Simple really.

mefty
    Free Member

yes, if what is being leaked comes to pass. They have enabled the destruction of the welfare state. For that i can not forgive them. Simple really.

And its Jamba who is accused of peddling lies, extraordinary.

zokes
    Free Member

Only if you have enough faith that people will come to their senses and realise that brown people (who don’t come from Europe anyway and thus were still subject to our **** border control and visa system) aren’t to blame for the economic and social mess the UK is in

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes there is an UN problem is some economies but that does not equate to your conclusion. It is merely one objective among many.

The EU may have problems but it is not very weak as you keep implying – at least not on the growth terms that you were indicating

zokes
    Free Member

And its Jamba who is accused of peddling lies, extraordinary.

Sadly, mrmo’s prediction is quite plausible. The vast majority of #jambyfacts are not. Simples.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Gerard Coyne interviewed on Sophy Ridge, candidate for leadership of UNITE is clear that his members want an end to freedom of movement.

They swallowed the BS

cchris2lou

Surely the Best for Remainers is the worst for Brexiters ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

In the interview with the Sunday newspaper, Hammond also emphasised that restricting immigration would be the British government’s priority during negotiations . “We are aware that the message from the referendum is that we must control our immigration policy ,” he said.

Not really sure how May and the torie have managed to subvert the vote on the EU to a vote on immigration. Sure some did but not all and t wa not a vote on immigration

May really does seem to hate immigrants whilst telling us all how christian values are what define her

She does not seemed to have grasped much of the message of christ on how to treat folk

Viewing 40 posts - 20,081 through 20,120 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.