Viewing 40 posts - 19,321 through 19,360 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK so. 10 months, his logic stands up fine, the other side of not being ignored and asked to deliver the impossible will also probably count for something.
    Had to go? Only seems like a very minority view so far. On the 10 years thing, wasn’t that about the consensus of everyone not shouting Do it now!

dannyh
    Free Member

The Brexit negotiations are going to be a nationally damaging fiasco. They are negotiations that anyone capable of conducting will inherently be against for the same reasons that the country voted for Brexit in the first place.

A farce – and one that is going to get very un-funny when the negotiations (from a weak position) start to unravel very rapidly against british interests.

Remember what you did – all those of you who voted for this mess.

kimbers

loved this one from Lothesome

I also know how important seasonal labour from the EU is, to the everyday running of your businesses.

I’ve heard this loud and clear around the country, whether in Herefordshire, Sussex, or Northamptonshire, and I want to pay tribute to the many workers from Europe who contribute so much to our farming industry and rural communities.

Access to labour is very much an important part of our current discussions

so its unskilled workers ahoy!!

as for rogers, its hardly surprising that IDS is once again out to destroy the reputation of anyone that dares speak the truth over brexshit

coming from a man whos own career is a litany of failure, there cant be many that actually believe a word he says

zokes
    Free Member

Remainers you know you are **** when your number 1 cheerleader is Nick Clegg

Given the cheerleaders for Brexit, and worse – the ones allegedly in charge of it, that’s got to be the least self aware post you’ve ever made on this forum

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ambassador to the EU. Says it all really. An ambassador is what you have to interact with another country.

As coverage is saying, he was a Remainer and EU-phile at heart and the wrong man for the job post June 23. Together with Cameron he did a terrible job in the so called “renegotiation”

slowoldman

IDS Open? Oxymoron.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Says it all really

You forgot the sad face. Do you actually know what his job was or are you just picking apart the title. Go read his letter again its a very well written piece laying out the challenge ahead.

ransos
    Free Member

As coverage is saying

The coverage is saying that he knows the other EU countries better than anyone else. Which is exactly the sort of knowledge we want when conducting negotiations. But, it seems he didn’t kneel in front of the Inquisition and recant, so he’s out.

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reoqr6kwreU[/video]

zokes
    Free Member

What on earth are you whittering on about now, Jamby? The man’s job title? Is that really the best you can do?

This is starting to become a little

Only you can replace the “I’m invincible” bit with the somewhat bizarre idea that the EU and indeed the rest of the world will somehow brown down to our defunct empire and aircraft carriers without planes.

kelvin

Ambassador to the EU. Says it all really. An ambassador is what you have to interact with another country.

We have an ambassador to the UN as well.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

Nipper99
    Free Member

[/quote]Remainers you know you are **** when your number 1 cheerleader is Nick Clegg

and yours is IBS!

cchris2lou

So let’s resume the UK government position :
    Same access to the EU marketplace even if it costs a lot of money.

More skilled immigrants from outside the EU.

Same numbers of unskilled immigrants from the EU.

No immediate changes to current legislation.

I think this is going rather well.
    Please tell us again why we are leaving?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The more I hear “let’s wait, why hurry” the more my heart and head sinks. A decision has been made. Period. The next phase is a NEGOTIATION between us and Frankfurt/Berlin 27 other states. The framework for debate and the various options are known. The knownnun known is simple the unique solution that will result for the red, white and blue UK Brexshit solution/compromise. Delays cannot help this process, they merely hinder it (or give remainers fasle hope that we can turn back time – we can’t).

So let’s have the CoJ opinion (no change) present the Bill, pass it and FFS get on with ending this period of madness.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why dId we vote to leave??? Didnt you read the bus script?

1. £350m
    2. Keep the nasties out
    3. Give the folk in immigration ‘owt to do
    4. ditto the legislature – those folk in wigs, robes and ermine
    5. Trade deal with the 12% of the world we don’t have deals with now, while screwing the 88% that we do have

Source: #fakecontolwebsite

Simples. Why didn’t anyone think of this before?

kimbers

I don’t think the options are known

The problem is until May comits to what we are hoping to get out of it…
    In customs union?
    In single market?
    Freedom of movement?
    ECJ?
    Cake or no cake?
    Brexit for brexiters or 48ers?

Negotiations can’t really get on with it until the red lines are drawn.

Even those who’ll be doing the negotiating are still in the dark about it, and quite obviously IDS too.

Brexishambles

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We know what we want (our cake) and what is not available (the chance to eat it). The unknowns are simple how to reconcile the two. The answer can only come from negotiation. So bring it on.

Red lines!!! Be serious. We are in the weaker position. We can’t draw red lines, we will merely observe them. Our fate was determined by the vote – that can’t be changed. The best we can do is to make the best of a bad job. The Brexshit utopia is a mirage so no point in even entertaining it (if only it was funny!)

Excuse all typos (^) new ebsite and iPhone are not compatible!!!

kimbers

As coverage is saying, he was a Remainer and EU-phile at heart and the wrong man for the job post June 23.

Funnily enough both times and telegraph Brussels correspondents saying he wasn’t surprised by brexit and wasn’t a remoaner at all

Jambafact!

Anyone who dares say anything vaguely based in reality is to be driven out and discredited

bill-oddie
    Free Member

Together with Cameron he did a terrible job in the so called “renegotiation”

In my view that deal offered significant improvement over what was already quite an advantageous agreement for the UK. Especially on the monetary side of things. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36456277

I think a ‘terrible job’ is inaccurate.

binners

Together with Cameron he did a terrible job in the so called “renegotiation”

I think we need to see the results of any forthcoming negotiations before we pass judgement on that, don’t you?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

On the contrary – Dave played a blinder (*almost) and got a deal that will be seen as infinitely more superior to the one that will emerge from the negotiations, when they start!

* his error was the bravado in spinning this as reforming Europe. It was never that and should have been presented as such. Beginners error.

mrmo
    Free Member

THM, May could at least set out an objective. We are in the far weaker position, however a clear statement we are looking for EEA membership, or Swiss position, or Turkey, or a clean break. Would at least reveal a plan in place and if it goes tits up she can try and blame the EU (again)

Although May will be screwed which ever she picks as all groups won’t like some element of the outcome.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

She has – she wants a unique solution for the UK, pisstaking aside that was what was meant by red white and blue Brexshit

Leku
    Free Member

red white and blue Brexshit

Just look at all those red lines. All over the pissing place and half are broken. Seems strangely apt.

Junkyard
    Free Member

well clearly your first statement makes your second statement /fact incorrect.

We also have one to the UN and to NATO and I imagine we will keep them post Brexit

Junkyard
    Free Member

she wants a unique solution for the UK

I dont think even she knows what she wants beyond curbing immigration at any cost

Northwind

I loved the “unique” line. Of course it’s bloody unique, it’s the first time it’s ever happened. If I stick a crochet needle up my urethra that’ll be unique too but it doesn’t mean it’s good.

No we are not having a vote to decide the fate of my jap’s eye.

kelvin

Delays cannot help this process, they merely hinder it (or give remainers fasle hope that we can turn back time – we can’t).

[quote]The answer can only come from negotiation. So bring it on.[/quote]

My friend in the FCO says that the government isn’t anywhere near close to having the staffing sorted to begin the negotiations, so waiting makes sense, no point firing the starting gun when you haven’t even put your running spikes on yet. March is optimistic enough.

martinhutch

The only thing I can assume is that she was thinking of the French flag when she said she wanted a red, white and blue Brexit.

Barnier is going to have our lot for Breakfast.

kelvin

We also have one to the UN and to NATO and I imagine we will keep them post Brexit

And one to the OECD.

Ambassador is a rank in the FCO, the job titles are normally “Permanent Representative to…”

Jamba will be along to back up his “fact” about what an Ambassador is soon I suspect…

…only Nations matter, all supranational organisations are evil, yadda yadda…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Don’t forget NW I was a remainer

Unique is simply stating the obvious as you note

sobriety
    Free Member

If I stick a crochet needle up my urethra that’ll be unique too but it doesn’t mean it’s good.

I doubt you’d be the first person to do that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We are leaving the EU for the medium and long term gains. The sonner we can get on with that the better.

So let’s resume the UK government position :
    1) Same access to the EU marketplace even if it costs a lot of money.

2) More skilled immigrants from outside the EU.

3) Same numbers of unskilled immigrants from the EU.

4) No immediate changes to current legislation.

1) Same access for zero payment, if rejected we’ll go WTO and make net £8bn ba in tariff profits or a total £18bn swing in our favour. Plenty for the NHS or to make transition arrangements for specific sectors / products.

2) If the UK government decides it’s in our interests

3) if the UK government decides it’s in our interests, all under a visa programme and much flexibility on taxation (eg no tax free personal allowance for temporary workers, compulsory health insurance ?)

4) As of day 1 probably not given May’s commitment and the Repeal Bill although change to EHCR process and implementation eg EU residents right to remain upon leaving prison revoked immediately) in short order. I see no reason to wait until 2020 as May has suggested as it was already a 2015 Manifesto commitment.

molgrips
    Free Member

What if the UK government decides to do something effing stupid?

They haven’t got a great track record lately, have they? Be honest.

cchris2lou

Same as before then.
    Quite the opposite of what you want.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jamba will be along to back up his “fact” about what an Ambassador is soon I suspect

dont be daft he does not engage when his facts are pointed out to be false ;he has shown indefatigable strength in the area of purposeful ignorance perhaps he is auditioning for the job s he dies not understand the role, care about facts but boy will he pass the onside for Brexit test

Northwind

sobriety – Member

I doubt you’d be the first person to do that.

[proteststoomuch]It’d be the first time I’d done it though.[/proteststoomuch]

kimbers

1) Same access for zero payment, if rejected we’ll go WTO and make net £8bn ba in tariff profits or a total £18bn swing in our favour

You can spout made up numbers again and again but it won’t make them true !

I thought a 40- 60bn loss was the more real number

kelvin

Junkyard, I was being sarcastic, I don’t expect him to back up any of his bullshit really.

I’m still waiting for his list of countries that are not a party to any trade deal, but have successful economies…

We don’t need a free trade deal with anyone nor do we require a saviour. They are a nice to have. Most countries do just fine without

That’s “most” countries doing fine without trade deals… which is his back up plan… no trade deals with any country… against the 70+ we currently have… despite previously claiming that the EU stops us getting trade deals.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Go Andrea 8)

Further confirmation we will be leaving THE single market as EU farming regulations will not apply. We’ll be free to ban pork from Poland and the other 5 nations currently in breach of EU animal husbandry rules.

Leadsom on leaving the EU.

"No more six-foot EU billboards littering the landscape, and no more ridiculous, bureaucratic three-crop rule." Environment Secretary Andrea Leadsom tells farmers leaving the EU will allow the UK to slash red tape.

Posted by Channel 4 News Democracy on Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Viewing 40 posts - 19,321 through 19,360 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.