Viewing 40 posts - 15,241 through 15,280 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Ninfan.
    Today I can 100% go and live in Majorca and be looked after in their hospitals.
    Can you guarantee me that this will be the case in 10 years time?
    No ,well shut the **** up.

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5BykilS816E[/video]

Sorry to be dismissive but hey, that’s democracy isn’t it?

Edit: oldandpastit, not revisionism, the Original letter said potentially, it’s only after they continued to use it that he said that, (some might suggest because of the continuing tantrum that the remainders were having over it because it didn’t suit them, boo hoo)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah, so you accept it was neither made up nor untruthful then?

For the deliberate troll, lets say I agree to buy a bike frame from you, we agree it’s £350 but then I give you £200. Do I still get the frame?
    I think even Capt Brexit Jamby gave up on this one…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Today I can 100% go and live in Majorca and be looked after in their hospitals.
    Can you guarantee me that this will be the case in 10 years time?
    No ,well shut the **** up.
    Sorry to be personal but I feel very strongly about this.

You couldn’t guarantee that if we had Remined in the EU. You would be able to say it was more likely but you could not guaranty it.

More than 3 years ago I posted that immigration was a significant political issue and the responce here was “only for the swivel eyed Daily Mail reading loons”. Well it wasn’t taken seriously and look where we are now.

In other news I am delighted the UK has skipped this daft emergency EU Foreign Ministers meeting on Trump. 27 headless chickens in an EU winge-o-rama. I am sure they are sh.ting themselves as Trump is hostile to the EU. Many European nations are not paying their way in NATO and the eurozone debt crises imho is not IMF’s problem (US being largest contributor to the IMF)

zippykona

And which bunch of ladies did your glorious crusaders against immigration think they were going to get rid of?
    Ooh let’s see if we can guess?
    Well,they **** that up as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More than 3 years ago I posted that immigration was a significant political issue and the responce here was “only for the swivel eyed Daily Mail reading loons”. Well it wasn’t taken seriously and look where we are now.

and regardless of facts the swivel eyes loons at the DM etc. worked tirelessly to make sure everyone knew how much of a problem they thought immigration was, and to make sure that every failing of the government was blamed on immigrants and the EU as it was easier than fixing things…

ninfan
    Free Member

Oh, what a shame, zippy loses the argument on his right to retire to Majorca and jumps straight in to playing the Racist card

😆
    Typical leftie, all for democracy and freedom of speech until he doesn’t get his own way 🙄

as it was easier than fixing things…

You appear to have forgotten that our prime minister had a chance to do that, he went over to renegotiate the deal so that the EU had a chance to listen to these concerns and fix them, he even warned them that if they didn’t do enough then we might vote to leave… they didn’t listen, and look what happened.

igm

I still think immigration is pretty much an issue for the swivel eyed lions only Jamba. The swivel eyed loons have failed to convince me otherwise. 😯 😯 😯 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Typical leftie, all for democracy and freedom of speech until he doesn’t get his own way

Freedom of speech also includes being picked up for getting stuff wrong and being able to point out when people are abusing that. It also includes a responsibility to use it wisely. If the stuff the DM has been printing recently was printed by a foreign source it would be getting flamed right now.

igm

Oh yes ninfan – that letter you mention is about as close to “stop it you lying gits” as you will ever get from our fairly impartial civil service types.

I don’t think it helps your argument.

And on the Rolling Stones – well what you seem to want it FREEDUMB but what you need is trade on preferential terms with our European neighbours (which is going to cost you significantly if you leave the EU). All together now ninfan, “you can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes maybe the EU will let you stay provided you grovel enough”.

slowoldman

No one voted Leave on the basis of cost of immigration statistic “lies”

No it was on the basis of fear.

Take this 2009 Telegraph article for instance. Muslim Europe

“The numbers are startling. Only 3.2 per cent of Spain’s population was foreign-born in 1998. In 2007 it was 13.4 per cent. Europe’s Muslim population has more than doubled in the past 30 years and will have doubled again by 2015”.

Now if you’re not terribly discerning when it comes to reading and interpreting statistics you could very easily read that as Spain’s Muslim population is 13.4% and will double by 2015. Looking at population statistics elsewhere, Spain’s Muslim population in 2010 was about 2.1%.

This stuff has been trapped out for years. A sector of the press along with Farage’s “queue of immigrants” led to the belief that we are being swamped by an influx of foreigners BECAUSE of the EU.

Remain and Reform. A lot of people supporting Remain wanted something different

Nothing wrong with that. I would suggest any worthwhile organisation should be constantly reforming itself to meet the demands put upon it. Once we are out we have no influence in the direction the EU may take in the future.

zippykona

Oh, what a shame, zippy loses the argument on his right to retire to Majorca and jumps straight in to playing the Racist card

The question remains unanswered.

mrmo
    Free Member

Oh, the outcome of negotiations has already been settled has it chicken little?

If immigration into the UK is the issue, then in what fantasy world will the uk have rights to travel anywhere and there be no reciprocation and no one allowed to travel to the UK?

Remember that May is talking about no migration not about skills or any of that, but basically banning all immigration.

ninfan
    Free Member

Remember that May is talking about no migration not about skills or any of that, but basically banning all immigration.

#leftiefact

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

#leftiefact

Decision time here. Do I now go on a quote fest of rage? Or dare I suggest that Theresa May doesn’t actually know what her position is here? ‘Coz she don’t.
    Or perhaps, ninfan, you can let us into a little secret of her position.

ninfan
    Free Member

Or perhaps, ninfan, you can let us into a little secret of her position

With pleasure:

“Its up for negotiation”

There, that was easy wasn’t it?

igm

Anyone else feel the wind starting to change again?

It’s there if you look.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

There, that was easy wasn’t it?

Awesome, I feel much better know what’s going to happen, knowing what she’s aiming for.
    #Clueless
    Being told what to do isn’t negotiation.
    We’re really in charge of things aren’t we?

ninfan
    Free Member

Thanks mrmo

Now perhaps you can show us which of those articles say that Theresa may was planning on

banning all immigration.

As you claimed above?

What’s that you say? “Cough, splutter, racist, tories, whinge, doomed, the sky is falling, the sky is falling”

mrmo
    Free Member

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/reducing-net-migration-tens-of-thousands-per-year-remains-government-target-a7145411.html

effectively nothing.

Mind you when non EU migration was perfectly controllable and 150k per year, it is all bo110cks!

In a country with a non replacing birthrate an ever increasing number of elderly, no migration is going to cause issues. For a model look to Japan.

ninfan
    Free Member

Sorry, I thought you said

banning all immigration.

Another #leftiefact stumbles at the first fence 🙄

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

As you claimed above?

[chewkw] but you can’t demonstrate that she isn’t planning that, can you? Maggots, cheese and more maggots.
    Bow before the maggots or they will bend. The world IS NOT about!!! Understand Me it’s all square withinthis circle.
    And you still can’t tell us what she wants or what she expects or what she is going to negotiate for. Prove it or shut and stop complaining, you are the worst buch of whinging winners I’ve ever seen and I think you’re trying to convince yourselves that the vote was a good thing. Table, chair, mobile phone![/chewkw]

Another #leftiefact stumbles at the first fence

Phew! Good job it was said by a random on STW rather that the loudest voices in the leave campaign. That would have been embarrassing.

mrmo
    Free Member

would you rather i said ban all immigration unless your rich? Arab sheik, Indian business man, Russian oligarch your welcome we won’t ask any questions about where the money to buy you mayfair apartment came from.

Students, you can f*** off, want to contribute to a local community not interested, etc

ninfan
    Free Member

would you rather i said…

I would have rather you had not spouted alarmist and exaggerated #leftiebollox and run around shouting ‘the sky is falling, the sky is falling’ in a big post brexit mass-hysteria based over emotional mutual arse flapping panic just because nobody is giving you a running commentary.

But then, now that you’ve been called out on it, I suspect you wish you hadn’t either 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But then, now that you’ve been called out on it, I suspect you wish you hadn’t either

Says the voice of experience. 😆
    But you just keep spouting on and on and on and on and on and on with your dodgy photos and barely thought out comments.

ninfan
    Free Member

And yet, for some strange reason, like Jamba and Chewkw, I keep ending up on the winning side.

2010 election, indyref, 2015 election, Brexit, Trump

😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And yet, for some strange reason, like Jamba and Chewkw, I keep ending up on the winning side.

If lying to win votes makes you winners, I’d rather be a loser.
    #Ninfantasy

nickjb
    Free Member

Its certainly a minority I’m happy to be in.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yeah, but lying to win votes and still ending up a loser is just a tragedy, isn’t it…

#brexitageddon

salad_dodger

Considering you’re a winner ninfan, you come across on this forum as miserable as sin.

igm

Ninfan – given your earlier musical post, I saw this and I thought of you.

May you get what you need…

And the wind is changing ninfan, you haven’t won yet, and you may well not win on Brexit

br
    Free Member

2010 election, indyref, 2015 election, Brexit, Trump

Reminds us Ninfin, haven’t you been able to manage your family ‘issues’ precisely because we live in a country with a welfare state and a part of it is that there is no link to what you’ve put in, before you can take it out.

Yet your voting record kinda points to someone who doesn’t really believe in it – hypocrite, maybe?

chewkw
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member
    And you still can’t tell us what she wants or what she expects or what she is going to negotiate for.

Do you need the PM to give you a running commentary or do you think she should report to you? 😆

I ain’t complaining coz it is all fine as far as I know. PM can do what she think best for the country and I shall support her. Not really bother about what she does really.

Describe your feeling to me upon hearing Brexit Victory.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I felt that the people had been lied to (Farage confirmed this), but I respected the decision and wanted atricle 50 to be triggered immediately. Unfortunately this isn’t happening for some reason.
    The vote has been counted and we have to respect democracy.
    I am happy that the remainers aren’t going to change their minds, it’s the muppets who voted leave who have changed and may just force another vote (Cameron triggered the referendum to appease the public, it could happen again). The people who are waking up to the fact they were lied to so blatantly who will drive this change. How will that feel?
    How do you feel knowing that you were mugged?
    How do you feel knowing that you had to cheat in order to win?
    How do you feel having won and not really knowing what it is that you’ve won?

igm

Do you need the PM to give you a running commentary or do you think she should report to you?

Yes

I ain’t complaining coz it is all fine as far as I know. PM can do what she think best for the country and I shall support her. Not really bother about what she does really.

Foolish boy

strangely invigorating- time to start fighting back against the racists and xenophobes

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Foolish boy

There is much he doesn’t understand.

ninfan
    Free Member

What’s that BR? The Tories are going to privatise the NHS and end all benefits?

Who knew? IF only the Labour Party had warned us before the election, or the election before that, or the election before that, or the election before that, or the election before that, or the election before that

Maybe we could write it on the side of a bus, and then when it didn’t happen whinge endlessly about it?

oldnpastit

Do you need the PM to give you a running commentary or do you think she should report to you?

If Leave had said what they were going to do, then I would be OK with May just getting on and doing that, whatever it was.

But they didn’t, and I’m not OK with May just taking that Leave vote to use as carte blanche to do whatever she wants.

It’s not even as though she was elected herself.

EDIT: I think the Conservatives said in their 2015 manifesto that we would remain within the single market (?). So I would expect her to stick with that.

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aUI5A1Gd5D0[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 15,241 through 15,280 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.