• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Murr.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Etape Caledonia
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

me, hopefully go a bit smoother than last year. And if the drizzle could stay off it would be great.

ourmaninthenorth

the opportunity to cycle on closed roads in safety

Hope so..!

Unlikey to do it, though it does strike me as a great event (last year's nonsense notwithstanding).

allthepies
    Free Member

"What tyres for carpet tacks?"

AndyP
    Free Member

aye, I'll be there. Nice sunday morning spin followed by an afternoon in the Edradour distillery. hurrah!

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Yeah, that's on our list this year. We'll be on the tandem, so look out for the white cannondale missile (on the flat bits anyway) 😀

OmarLittle
    Free Member

had 5 punctures last year and seemed to spend more time fixing them than i did riding (only had 1 spare tube so had to patch the others). But despite that really looking forward to it this year

Blackhound

Its a lovely route, I did it last year a few days before the event which meant I missed the tacks and got a lovely dunny day.

I would rather do it as a lone. few mates day ride then as an event and enjoy the quiet roads. Before doing the Edradour distellery in the afternoon….

waveydavey
    Free Member

Me too,
    did it last year, first time I had done a roady event, and loved it.
    The Pompino was great up Schiehallion.
    Doing it this year on my new (bike to work scheme) Trek 2.1.

allankelly

What gearing on the Pomp for Schiehallion Davey?
    al.

crazy-legs

I've done the route a couple of times, it's a lovely ride but as blackhound says ^^ I'd prefer it that way than with 3000 others. Each to their own though.

waveydavey
    Free Member

al,

of the top of my head it was(and still is) 52/18.
    I'll check later/ tomorrow.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

Wont be able to make it as we're doing 10 Under the Ben on the 15th.
    Would have liked to have done it though.

uplink
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that there are only charity places left?

Don't suppose anyone has a place available do they?

ojom
    Free Member

Onion, Beardie and I are all signed up.

If anyone fancies joining us for a hopeful dub 4.5hr time then get in touch.

Should be a good day we reckon.

*shaves nuts quietly in the corner*

Taz

I'll be there.

Was great 2 years ago and despite the issues last year it was also pretty good.

The closed roads are great

druidh
    Free Member

As Mark (tbc) says above, I'm in again for it this year. I was lucky and avoided any punctures last year. What's the betting I'm hit by a couple of random ones this June? While I also enjoy cycling solo and in smaller groups, there's definitely a different vibe when there are so many cyclists around. The locals turn out to cheer you on too.

We'll likely organise a recce ride some time in April. I'll make sure we post up here about it in the event that anyone wants to join us.

ojom
    Free Member

Thats a good plan. We could arrange a bnb too and stay. Full dress rehearsal say…. sad but might be a good idea for me being a road noob.

Good ride today – had fun. Off to see this house again now…

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – lovely. Will that be like a Xmas night out then?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Could well be up for this… Mark? Colin? B&B ideas???

ojom
    Free Member

Heh-well we haven't had time to have one. Perhaps next week when things settle a bit.

Nick-get signed up NOW. Just do it and we will sort details after.

crazy-legs

We'll likely organise a recce ride some time in April. I'll make sure we post up here about it in the event that anyone wants to join us.

That was a good little ride last year. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Aye. A bit warmer would be nice tho.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Id be up for a spin too.

fishboy
    Free Member

Doing it again this year – first time since the initial one. And my folks are just down the road from Edradour Distillery. which is nice..

Murr
    Free Member

ad be up for a spin with mcmoonter as well it was agood run last time

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Etape Caledonia’ is closed to new replies.