Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ergo grips – Yes or No
  • Archiedale
    Free Member

If yes, which ones?

alpin
    Free Member

yes if you are a fatty; lots of pressure through the wrists/hands.

they limit the moveability of your wrist though.

birdie
    Free Member

I didn’t get on with mine – they stop your wrists from flexing and the shock goes straight up your forearms.

yoshimi

Not used mine long but very happy with them- takes a while to get the angle right but very comfy once you do- I’ve got the ones with integrated mini bar ends and found them to be great. Nice to have a few positions for your hands on a long ride. Highly recommend them

yoshimi

Btw – I tried both mend and womans versions, unless you have shovels fir hands I’d go with the womens, as when you have gloves on the mens can feel a bit too chunky

Surfr
    Free Member

Are there cheaper alternatives to the Ergon ones? I fancy some for the commuter with bar ends.

trail_rat
    Free Member

womans

if your very inflexible you might not get on with them ….but ive sold scores of them and not had an unhappy customer yet !

rode at 10 under the ben the other week with normal grips(was trying to save weight) …having used ergons at every endurance event ive ever done since i started and beat my hands up something awful ….bike now has ergons back on it ! …

MrAgreeable

Titec do a similar style of thing. They only have a clamp at one end though so they can be a bit spinny.

FuzzyWuzzy

Tried the Spesh ones but didn’t get on with them, actually made my hands ache more (although towards the outside of the palm rather than the usual ulna nerve area). Tried a variety of angles but never got rid of the ache so switched back to normal grips (only really get pain after a few hours anyway so not really an issue for me).

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Having dodgy wrists I got some for enduros this year. They do hamper your bar grip a bit if the riding is super techy, perfect for 99% of enduro courses though 🙂

I got the ones with integrated bar end too, brilliant, no numb or painful wrists for me.

The clamp only at one end thing is daft mind, and the clamp arrangement itself while simple in theory, seems to be a bit of a faff in practice.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the ergons only clamp at one end … never experianced spin

I have had customers with the same issues as you with the spesh ones fuzzywuzzy

did them a sale or return on the grips as i was confident that they would see a marked improvement with the real ergon grips.They never did bring them back for a refund 😉

Having some of there Mitts too for the next event.

lots of impersonators but i think ergon have got the design right.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tried them got on with them and they are fine
    As for Yoshimi he is tiny so ignore his comments blokes ones are OK for real men with mans size hands.
    He is correct about having to alter angle to get them just right
    I weigh 10 stone so you dont have to be heavy to appreciate them.
    Bontranger do them cheaper but less area for palm

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I’ve got the ones with the Magnesium bar ends – well worth the extra in my mind for the climbing ability. Take a while to get used to but generally they’re good overall.

maxray
    Free Member

I love my ergons for commuting but prefer normal round odi’s for my mountain bike.

I guess if yuo were doing fairly non technical off road stuff they would be fine though.

clancol
    Free Member

I broke my finger player basketball when i was younger and as such normaly get a a rather nasty pain while on rough downhill terrain, through the finger up to the ulner nerve in the wrist. (lack of blood flow effecting the damaged joint me thinks)
    we’ll the ergon grips pretty much remove about 80% of the pain.
    best thing i’ve ever got for my bike.

I use the ladys size and after getting used to them find them fine for xc, single track etc.

scaredypants

what they ^^ “all” said

comfy but your hands can bounce off the bars a bit easier if it’s rough

martyntr
    Free Member

I have ergon grips and Barends on my superlight. I can honestly say that they’re the comfiest grips I’ve ever used. The prevent arm pump on descents as you aren’t in a “death grip” on the bars. They also provide a large comfy platform for your hand on long enduro/trail cnetre climbs.

My wife also has them on her Spesh after I recommended them to her after she complained about arm pump…. Now she has them, problem solved 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ergo grips – Yes or No’ is closed to new replies.