Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Epson printer rip off
  • jj55

Arrggh! My brand new Epson printer is running out of black ink after about 20 A4 sheets OF MODERATE PRINT. Its a new one so can’t get cheap ink for it anywhere, it gives no warning just stops printing and says its out of ink!

What a rip off!! I’ve only had it 2 months and its now cost me more in ink that the printer cost

DONT BUY EPSON!!!

[post edited for inappropriate language plus 2 day ban. Mod]

Jerome
    Free Member

Thought the same could be said for all printers.
    I have a canon one where at least the ink cartridges are individual..

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Was that the supplied ink?

They never give a full cartridge of ink with new printers…

epicsteve
    Free Member

You’ll find a lot of the cheap inkjet printers are the same – not just Epson. I think the original cartridges have less ink than the replacements ones, to keep purchase costs down.

You can always buy cheap non-Epson cartridges anyway. Those are much cheaper (although of variable quality).

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The cartridge that came with it? They are filled about 1/4 of the way.

EDIT: beaten to it

legend
    Free Member

New printers rarely have full cartridges in them……….. this really grinds my gears!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Epicsteve I agree about the variable quality. I find Tesco own brand ones are good in my Epson.

jj55

No, the ink that came with it went in about 5 A4 sides, this is from a pack of 4 of black & 3 colours that cost £30. Can’t get the cheap ink yet for this model as it’s so new, can’t refill the old one as they have microchip in them that self destructs when it runs out of ink. I got a lecture from the guy behind the counter at the cheap ink shop about why I shouldn’t have bought Epson.

What an absolute RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont buy Epson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xylene
    Free Member

CIS is what you need.

Solves all your inky problems

squiff
    Free Member

I have 2 epson printers for my business, DX6050 & Photo 1400 and they just run and run. For cartridges get on to ebay they are dead cheap, I can get 24 cartridges for £13/14, now thats cheap

epicsteve
    Free Member

Dont buy Epson!

Quite happy with the ones I’ve got (and the others I’ve had over the years)! I’ve got a Photo 800 – I’ve tried various inks on that but prefer the standard Epson ones although it does costs as it’s got 8 cartridges in it.

We’ve got one of the cheap multi-function things as well but just use cheapo ones in that.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Find cheap ink, then find the printer that goes with it.

I’ve ordered these for a epson sx515w, not tried them yet though.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compatible-Cartridges-BX310fn-BX600fw-printers/dp/B001JB039M/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1291661417&sr=8-5

molgrips
    Free Member

All companies have super cheap printers that have expensive cartridges.

I never buy the super cheap printers. I never have this problem.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bought an Epson SX515W at the w/e, lots of cheap compatible ink out there for it.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve always used Epson printers and the ink life on them is at least as good as any other make. 5 A4 sides isn’t right. Take it back to where you bought it and ask them to warranty it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Epson printer rip off’ is closed to new replies.