Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Oops, Google Chrome has crashed! (again)
  • spooky_b329

For the past couple of weeks Chrome keeps crashing, Chrome had recently done an update (6.0.472.63) and also Flash had updated itself. (WIN 10,1,85,3)

Flash crashed a few times after updating, flash now seems ok but the broswer crashes instead. Its pretty random but often occurs when filling out web forms. Might not be related to flash but I’m sure the trouble all started at the same time.

Found some advice on another forum to disable hardware acceleration but I can’t work out how to…I have an ‘Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile’ and it doesn’t have an option to disable hardware acceleration. If I go through display properties it directs me to the Intel utility.

Help!

Hairychested
    Free Member

What OS are you running? I had FF crashing on my laptop, it turned out the HDD was shagged. Might be coincidental, though.

phead
    Free Member

Switch to the dev version, and see if that solves it, for some reason I’ve always found it more stable than the stable version.

spooky_b329

I’m on Vista, SP2.

Will try the Dev version, thanks 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’m not a Windows basher but after the issues I had with Vista I can’t see myself using it anytime soon. Not that Linux is perfect either.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Try Opera. That’s the best I’ve tried so far.

Cougar

Don’t disable hardware acceleration (I’m not even sure if you -can- on Vista, I don’t recall seeing it post-XP).

Do a disk check first of all (right-click / properties on the drive).

Look for updates to your graphics card – there’s an Intel tool here which will look at what’s fitted and advise. If it’s a laptop you might have to go to your manufacturer.

Make sure you’ve got the latest version of Flash; download it again to be sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Oops, Google Chrome has crashed! (again)’ is closed to new replies.