Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Energy Drinks…
  • tjr666
    Free Member

Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with energy drinks on here?? I have quit smoking and drink alcohol very rarely, but seem to be drinking a lot of energy drinks (Monster in particular) on a daily basis.

I imagine that it can not be the best for your system, lots of chemicals going on, or am I wrong?? What do you guys think?

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Yeah not good for you. You'll go through peaks and troughs because of the type of sugar in the drinks and you'll get addicted to the stimulants.

tazzymtb

try Pulse Expert mix instead from myprotein on tinterweb. It's actually useful for training but do read ALL of the health warnings as it can seriously **** you up if you are not in tip top shape. It makes monster/red bull/relentless etc… look like Kiora

njee20
    Free Member

Got a link? Searching on their website doesn't seem to find it! I'm intrigued…

tjr666
    Free Member

Got a small bucket of the Torq energy mix the other day, experimenting with that at the mo…had a mix yesterday on a 4 hour ride and it worked wonders. Worth checking out if you have not already. The Torq bars ain't that great though, Mule bars everytime.

tazzymtb

njee20- here ya go sir.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/formulas/mp-formulas/pulse-%28800g%29/

do not use it in the evenings as you'll be bouncing off the walls for hours. It has really made a difference to how hard I can ride without muscles feeling tired/pumped out, you do feel it your legs the next day though as you can work at a higher intensity for longer.

headfirst
    Free Member

Errr. it may be stating the obvious, but how about this for an idea:

Stop buying them.

They are over-priced pap. Buy some over-priced bottled water instead.

njee20
    Free Member

I assume WADA don't smile too kindly on that stuff then, sounds pretty awful!

Torq bars are the best IMO, not a fan of Mule Bars. High 5 drink is more palatable too I reckon. It's all personal and that…

tazzymtb

forgot to add it doesn't taste too bad either which is a nice change as most energy/electrolite drinks are gopping

tazzymtb

njee20-there don't appear to be any pulse ingredients on the WADA prohibited list 2010, but it is pretty harsh stuff.

njee20
    Free Member

Fair enough! I have to say I have no intention of trying it, I was just intrigued to see what it was!

tazzymtb

you wouldn't need it, you are fast enough as it is

soulrider
    Free Member

I am in no way the same league as the guys above..
    I use SiS Go (the 6% level on the SiS bottle) prior to and during exercise

and post ride the Lucozade recovery drink – it actually tastes quite nice.. it says 250ml of water for a pack but I use about 350 to 400ml – quite a nice orange juice flavour – instead of the claggy milkshake type drinks of SiS and others

as far as Red bull/Monster/Relentless 'energy' drinks go.. Caffeine and sugar in massive quantites.. tis not really scientifc.. and prob screwing your heart rythmn if your not careful.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i want to be at nicks next race – he`ll be running round buzzing off his tits on happyness !

just drink coffee for the same buzz but with a good taste 😀

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Monster = baby wipes.

In a delicious way.

njee20
    Free Member

he`ll be running round buzzing off his tits on happyness

A friend used to use Maximuscle Viper Extreme, and it did quite literally have that effect! I've used caffeinated Zym tablets before, 100mg/tablet, knock back 4 in a race, it's a good way to avoid falling asleep on the way home!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Energy Drinks…’ is closed to new replies.