Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Enduro racing and dropper posts
  • legend
    Free Member

What’s the current consensus on this combo? Essential unless you have legs/lungs of steel or just a nice to have?

Doing my first Enduro at Inners next weekend, and I’m 99% certain there’ll be loads more to follow, so I’m considering making the investment. Don’t expect Innerleithen to have the most pedally stages but I know there’ll be some lung burning bits!

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeti said nearly everyone at transprovence were running uppydowny’s (mainly reverbs) last year

thats about the most useful post i will attempt today x

t-p26
    Free Member

As an “unbiased observer” at the 661 Enduro at Innerleithen, there were quite a few people using them. Go on get yourself one…you know you`re worth it 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Probably the environment in which they make most sense! I’d get one.

chakaping
    Free Member

As a seasoned veteran of one gravity enduro event I can testify that my uppydowny seatpost was very useful.

Getting the saddle up to pedalling height saved me a good few seconds on more than one stage at Eastridge.

Great for normal riding too of course.

ramalama
    Free Member

I use a dropper even for when on single track and it is great investment!
    I highly recommend you get one!

16stonepig
    Free Member

I used mine at Eastridge last year. I was bobbins, but would have been bobbinser without one.

juan
    Free Member

I don’t run one. But then I am fairly use to ride with the post down, or to grin up gear standing or I only lower my seat post from 10cm or I use to ride singlespeed a lot ;).

But if I could justify the money I’ll buy one indeed.

P.SS Njee they make the most sense in XMB races 😉

oxforddan
    Free Member

yep get one , I think all but one person had a dropper post at tp . There was a lot of reverbs there but also a lot of broken reverbs. The cable being snagged seemed to be the main problem

Phil_H

Not essential but if you’ve got one you won’t spend bits of the track thinking “I wish I had a dropper post” 🙂

daver27
    Free Member

I thought they were the most pointless things ever invented until i had a go on one. Total game changer for me, love them

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

+1 get one

Used mine at trans p last year and it was essential kit.

Trimix
    Free Member

I use one everywhere. Get one and ride faster, safer and with more fun/flow.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got one, used it loads, never comes off the bike only wish I had a remote.

Northwind

I took mine off for the last innerleithen enduro (night and day event), never would have used it on that particular course, but on previous enduro events there it was pretty useful. I’ve not seen the routes posted for the coming one so could go either way really.

They are bloomin awesome though, don’t fixate on the racing, they’re great all the time.

legend
    Free Member

TBH I’d probably only use it on certain rides (I mean, consigning a Thomson to the shelf just isn’t right!), I’d guess using it sparingly would help the ropey reliabilty of whatever one I chose anyway 😉

EDIT: Didn’t the last race have a fire road sprint in the middle of a stage?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

legend,

my KS came with a 2 year warranty failed once on first use so decided to run it till the 2 years was up if it failed again would go for money back.

Still going fine (touch wood) once you fit it you’ll keep it

Northwind

legend – Member

EDIT: Didn’t the last race have a fire road sprint in the middle of a stage?

Aye… so I sprinted it 😉

FWIW both my posts have been very reliable, as reliable as a standard seatpost really… The KS took some time to get going, didn’t work from new and Superstar needed 2 stabs (and one round of blaming me) before they could fix it… But it’s been fine since. The Gravity Dropper just works. I use them both year round too.

neallyman
    Free Member

You will def need one for next weekend’s enduro.
    As an example the 3rd stage comes all the way down the downhill trails until the last bridlepath before the arena, at which point you will have to climb back up the path to the point where it joins caddon bank for a final descent to finish down caddon bank. So I believe anyway.

In that example a dropper post will definitely be an advantage!

Northwind

Heh, yes please dropper post for that I think.

legend
    Free Member

Think I’ll just walk it 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Enduro racing and dropper posts’ is closed to new replies.