Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Enduro at night (QECP)
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Last year i ask about a enduro at night after the positive response we made it happen. The race (QECP day & night enduro) was a great success and we are planning to running it again next year.

Anyone that raced last year any thoughts on any thing you would like to see in 2015?
    Plan ATM is near enough the same but with 2 new stages (still 4 stages overall) and a bit of an earlier start.

kimbers

As long as there is free beer at the end I’m happy

Actually more music in the woods, its quite cool,

Oh and water tap in the camping field that’s working !

scottfitz
    Free Member

We were thing about more music. At start area at the top of the hill would be cool 🙂

Lummox

French techno?

I know many others didn’t but I thought the initial transition plus the next two were quite stern! They broke me and I missed my final transition start time. The beer at the end helped immensely.

That said I will certainly sign up for the next night and the next day one (missed this years day)

scottfitz
    Free Member

Lummox that’s what we thought too that’s why we are going to start earlier 🙂 plus we are looking to put more elevation in the race this year so more transition time would be helpful.

dantsw13

The only small issue for me was the running order. With Sport after Fun, and the fastest Sport riders first, the back end of Fun spent all night giving way.

Don’t start earlier – the first stage would be daylight.

Oh, and if you can arrange for my tubeless setup not to explode on the st2 drop next year I’d appreciate it :mrgreen:

Hope to see you there again!!

grahamt1980

I assume there will be plenty of first aid and maybe paramedics for Kimbers?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Noted on cat orders. Earlier start would be for practice not race. P.s I don’t run tubeless 😉

kimbers

I’ll be head to toe in d3-O

scottfitz
    Free Member

D3-O ?

kimbers
    m0rk
    Free Member

I’ll take a sleeping bag next time for kipping between the practice & race.

Was the marshall heckling sufficient? more / even more required?

dantsw13

The soft stuff in pads that goes hard on impact

petey83
    Free Member

Having a stage where practice is not allowed on beforehand could shake things up a bit! Hard to enforce and locals will always have the advantage but it might help even things out a little.

chiefgrooveguru

Same again but with me posting a better result (adding an extra stage or two might achieve that, I was finally up to race pace by stage 4!) 😉

Free beer was genius!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Not sure about no practice. Riding some of the bit in the dark with out looking first could be a bit of a risk especially for the fun cat.

akak
    Free Member

It was a great event that I would recommended to anyone. A few places had a line choice but no signs which I would have expected, maybe that was intended. Were exposure doing demo or hire lights? There was no public info about them that I saw, might encourage more entries.

mattbee

Day and night events on same weekend, ability to enter either as single events or a double.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I intend to mark this down for next year along with the normal enduro. The thought of missing transition times is a big worry for me, I’m not the fastest up so the thought of entering an event, getting organised with camping gear etc then being told sorry out of time isn’t appealing. I would wonder whether you might have a second division with easier transition times and possibly one less stage ?

dantsw13

Jambalaya – if you missed the transition last year, you weren’t out, but your time started from when you were meant to be there. It was really only the last transition that was tight.

kimbers

Transition times weren’t that tight jambalaya and you still get to race the stage, just with a time penalty

scottfitz
    Free Member

We can race in the park during the day mattbee.

Jambalaya we will make sure the transition times are ok for all cats

Northwind

It’s a great format,unpracticed day-and-night repeating the same stages works well as your day run is made harder by the lack of practice and your night run by the dark. But unpracticed’s always hard to enforce and yep favours locals.

A lot of the comments seem to be about seeding/start times/transition times. Why bother with it at all? Set a time for the total lap, open and close times for the stages and let the riders sort themselves out. Ime it works better than seeding/restriction.

dantsw13

Northwind – I believe the timing system is pretty simple, ie you start on time, and your stage finish time is recorded. This necessitates the current system.

TBH, we are talking about minor possible improvements, not big issues. Everybody had a ball last year. This is fun grassroots racing, not EWS with all it’s backing.

Northwind

Ah, fair dos- I was assuming dibber timing, but that makes perfect sense.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Enduro at night (QECP)’ is closed to new replies.