Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Enduro 1 Race – Swinley Forest – 14th October
  • superfli
    Free Member

Unfortunately venues are limited in the south and what Carlos had planned on using fell through. I think he and his team made the most of what height they had at Swinley. Also worth bearing in mind I doubt they could close all the busiest trails and upset too many people.

njee20
    Free Member

Why not? Gorrick do for their events.

The topography of Swinley doesn’t lend itself to a more technical Enduro course, shame there aren’t many other options.

juan
    Free Member

This is how it worked 5 timed stages all about 2-4mins long

PMSL. Oh dear. Once again I have to agree with njee. I can’t help but chuckling at an enduro Event in swinley.

superfli
    Free Member

I dunno, I just got the feeling that the organisers took us down the popular routes in transitions so we could experience them without hampering general riders. Gorrick do a lot for Swinley and probably have a good relationship going and therefore more leeway. Gorrick were kind enough to agree to the event I believe. You wouldnt want events being held regularly by lots of outfits and not having any time and space for general riding would you?

scottfitz
    Free Member

As superfli said swinley was a last minute back up, Carlos was let down on both longmoor and Caesar camp. So lucky swinley steped in to help. Rounds 1 & 2 were more dh based.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

That’s fair enough.

superfli
    Free Member

Yo! we won the Team event 🙂
    No write up or mention of it though? Only series winners?
    I’m hoping the day racers get some recognition – I assume he hasnt had time yet 😕

mrbump
    Free Member

quite happy with 16th in comp., but if i knew it was going to be an xc race i would of brought my hardtail 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yep please with that superfli good work mate, Next year we will have a go at winning the series 😉

Well up for hopton Now!!!!!!!!

Well done mrbump some good times there, I recon I would of had you if our team wasn’t held up on the team stage, not mentioning any names superfli 😀

superfli
    Free Member

I did my bit of cyclocross on stage 4 🙂

vertebratetom

Pretty good fun race I reckon. Wanted to heave after the the flat-out-sprint-across-the-forest-floor stage 1, so wasn’t a fan of that, but the others were all great. I didn’t crash, so it can’t have been that tricky but it was a laugh. Being Swinley, it was never going to be that tech (hardtails in the top ten comp class!) but I reckon it was still a good course.

The transitions were awesome, taking in loads of good singletrack (way better than the Gravity Enduros in that respect).

My mate went the wrong way on two stages (I had visions of him sprinting off the wrong way across Swinley, not stopping until he ran out of puff…)!

I didn’t, and managed to get a nice result, so rather happy really!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I did my bit of cyclocross on stage 4

:mrgreen:

superfli
    Free Member

Anyone got photos of this event? I saw a few photographers at the end.
    Ta

scottfitz
    Free Member

Anyone got photos of this event? I saw a few photographers at the end.
    Ta

mrbump
    Free Member

@ scottfitz
    haha, i think you would have. hopefully ,with a bit of gravity and technical singletrack, hopton will be a different story 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sounds great. hope it has some of Tec DH trails. Might use more that 20mm of my 160mm forks 😉 what bike and cat you in we say hi on Sunday.

mrbump
    Free Member

i’ll be on a white marin wolf ridge and i’m in masters.the trails are ace!

superfli
    Free Member

I’m on a black heckler in your cat 11:30 start. if you are close then I’ll transition with you. Scott is 11:52 in seniors

scottfitz
    Free Member

I will have to find else to talk to dave 🙁
    Or maybe I should just shut up for a change and save my energy/banter for the stages.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Enduro 1 Race – Swinley Forest – 14th October’ is closed to new replies.