Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Endura Stealth Lite Tights Puzzle
  • slugwash
    Free Member

I bought a pair of those Endura Stealth Lite tights (EDIT: IN BLACK 😉 ) from Ribble and when I opened them there was no 'external waterproof stretch taping' on the outside seams as mentioned on their website and on the tags attatched to the garment. And as shown in the picture on their website. There does seem to be some sort of tape along the inside but I'm a little puzzled by this 'cos everyone else's that I've seen have the external taping as a prominent feature. Does anyone in the trade or anyone who's purchased any recently know whether they've changed the construction or whether I've got a rogue pair that will let in cascades of water on my possibly wet ride into work tomorrow?

Figure 1.1 An image from the Endura website of a pair of Stealths with external taping visible in the crotch area.

(BTW, I've all ready e-mailed Endura earlier but might need to wear the things before I get a reply so have brought my problem to the font of all knowledge, the STW forum)

GlenMore
    Free Member

slugwash – Member
    Does anyone in the trade or anyone who's purchased any recently know whether they've changed the construction or whether I've got a rouge pair?

Are they red or black?

trail_rat
    Free Member

mine from endura direct last week have no shiny tape but they do have the seems taped with a dull tape ….

slugwash
    Free Member

they do have the seems taped with a dull tape ….

Where? on the outside or the inside of the seam?

trail_rat
    Free Member

on the outside yes

trail_rat
    Free Member

sorry just noticed yours are tights — mines are biblongs not that it should make a difference !

Clink

does the fact that they're the 'lite' version make a difference?

slugwash
    Free Member

I dunno, but trail-rat's appear to have externally taped seams, the Endura literature bigs up the Stealth Lite's externally sealed seams as one of the garment's key features and I believe the only difference between the Stealths and the Lites is a thermal lining.

Endura haven't answered my e-mail as yet so I'll give them a phone call in a few minutes and continue in my compulsive quest to solve the matter before the weather gets all aquatic & treacherous.

slugwash
    Free Member

Puzzle solved. I've just rang Endura and apparently it does make a difference, the Lite's seams are internal. Hopefully they'll update their website specification info and garment tags to each particular model of tights they so no-one else has sleepless nights and high blood pressure over this crucial matter of world shaking importance 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Endura Stealth Lite Tights Puzzle’ is closed to new replies.