Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • employment tribunal judgement
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Posting points about Industrial Tribunals on a thread about Industrial Tribunals.How very odd. The mere thought of it.

Steady there tiger, You said that the statement had no relation to the issue being discussed as you were

recanting a conversation I happened to have had on Tuesday.

You are not now claiming there was a point there are you 😯 – like the three of us said at the top of this page 🙄

as kona paraphrased you

The point I was making…was that the Law doesn’t always work as it should…I didn’t express any opinion on whether it was the correct outcome or not

as aracer said

Though if it was the correct outcome, it’s not a very good example of the law not working as it should, hence that point is crucial to your argument. By presenting it as an example of “the law not working as it should” you are implying your opinion on the quality of the outcome.

I agree you did make a point rather than just recount your day…and that point was a poor one. you could have just accepted this rather than argue on like this which is becoming pretty unedifing.
    I leave you to your denials and increasingly bitter ad hominems

aracer
    Free Member

the claimants advisor was a proper prima donna….he was desperate to get into a tribunal despite my best efforts to settle.

I’m a bit confused by this statement, first time poster. You appear to be upset about the claimant’s advisor taking you to tribunal, which presumably means you lost out due to this by having to pay more than you offered to settle. ISTM in that case that you didn’t actually make as much effort to settle as you could have done, and that the advisor is good at his job and the decision to go to tribunal was nothing to do with being a prima donna and all to do with getting the best deal for his client.

flame
    Free Member

the advisor kept changing the responses to the offers i made without consulting the claimant…true i could have offered more as a settlement but i have a strong feeling he wouldnt have settled…this was backed up by his general attitude to me at the tribunal…he may have watched too many courtroom dramas on telly

hes a volunteer i think..cab

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mk1fan
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    You said that the statement had no relation to the issue being discussed as you were

No, I said that the two paragraphs in my first post were not directly connected to each other. I made a point, then finished with a tale. You (and others) read them as ‘one’ and you continue to do so.

Repeating what I replied to aracer, I was not expressing any opinion on the ‘case’ I mentioned. I also clearly said that I was not using it as an example in support of my point about the Law and Morality.

It is a coincidence that happen to have a conversation this week with somebody about their experience with an Industrial Tribunal. Mentioning it on an informal thread about Industrial Tribunals in the Chat Forum of a Biking Website would seem a reasonable action to take. Indeed others have.

Again, I accept that the wording / arrangement or my first post wasn’t of the quality of Shakespear but this is an informal forum. But I have clarrified my posts. You continue to deny that I could have possibly meant anything else but your interpretation of my first post and perpetuate things.

You could just accept that you’ve;
    1. read something
    2. misunderstood it’s intention
    3. commented on it
    4. been told ‘no that’s not what was meant’
    and leave it at that.

But you choose not to and return to repeat action number 3.

Pityful really.

cynic-al
    Free Member

PRoject my first point was really simple and You failed to get it.

My second point, accordingly, is that you are thick.

HTH

mk1fan
    Free Member

Funny

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes you told us a story about the issue we were discussing[ that if true supported your first statement] but it really had no relevance to anything and you just liked to tell us what you did that day?
    I could accept it if it was not preposterous.

I wish I could just have been as brief , cruel and funny as al.
    Unfortunately I fear both of could labour this point for days shall we just stop ?

taysider
    Free Member

What a load of TOSH!
    You sacked him because you did not like him
    You tried a cover up – it failed
    Keep digging – £11300 as an award says it all

Pay up and shut up !

Your offer was derisory but it was so close to being accepted, only arrogance stopped you really discussing it.

Someone who knows!

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘employment tribunal judgement’ is closed to new replies.