Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Emotional honesty and support: STW vs other forums
  • cinnamon_girl

TSY – apparently it’s -14 degrees in Benson now. 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Serious!! So do you think a 20 mile bike ride to get to work tomorrow is a good idea?

Hohum
    Free Member

I gave up after my finals for 4 months and then went back to uni and hit the wacky baccie and the nicotine addiction caught me again when I ran out 🙁

cinnamon_girl

-17.2 degrees at 9.00 pm 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ho Hum – Yeah I’ve lived that story more than once. I know full well at some point I will have to say no, never again, but a part of me has been thinking that was going to be after the Xmas. Mind you the same part said after my 31st, after my 30th… my 25th…

I just went on there too C_G it’s -10 at the station closest to me with a good chance of snow tomorrow afternoon!!

druidh
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Serious!! So do you think a 20 mile bike ride to get to work tomorrow is a good idea?

I’ve been doing 10 miles each way – plus the occasional detour – all through the winter so far. With the right choice of clothing and respect for the road, it’s been fine. In fact, it’s been better than fine as the roads are quieter than usual and the alternative means of transport have all been pants.

Hohum
    Free Member

TSY – I have gradually stopped everything over the last year (apart from booze). I wanted to stop before I hit something which is going to happen in 13 minutes time. Please email me if you ever want to have a chat, to be honest I would appreciate it as well 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

druidh – my concern is that I’ve got to go along a road that nobody I know would commute along in normal conditions. Slightly concerned about how rubbish other drivers are in these conditions. At least I’ll be able to drive back though!

Kevevs
    Free Member

what are you wibbling on about tsy?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ooooh is it your birthday Ho Hum?? May I ask what age?

Cheers by the way, I’ll drop you an e-mail!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ho hum, are you thirty tomorrow? 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Ho hum – hang in there. I’ve been through it and it does actually get easier but having ‘just one’ doesn’t help.

druidh
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    druidh – my concern is that I’ve got to go along a road that nobody I know would commute along in normal conditions. Slightly concerned about how rubbish other drivers are in these conditions.

I hear you. When things were really bad up our way, the bicycle was the only alternative to walking. On one ten mile trip, I was overtaken by a whole two cars…..Not a bus to be seen beyond the city centre either.

Hohum
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    Ho hum, are you thirty tomorrow?

Do I come across as that young?

Nah, I will be 40, quite looking forward to it as well 😀

9 minutes to go now…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ho Hum… I’ll send you a birthday e-mail tomorrow then, now there’s something to really look forward to! 😆

Kevevs – eh?

Druidh – slightly different comute I think. If somebody hadn’t placed a big old river in the way I could try and go xc.

druidh
    Free Member

Kayak?

cinnamon_girl

Happy 40th birthday Ho hum 😀 Have a terrific day!

Kevevs
    Free Member

hey, I’m still here, looking at photos. I’m typing rubbish but a bit of metallica and wondering why cyclists get so wound up…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Ho Hum! 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

bit of metallica

In a George Formby stylee?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Happy Birthday!!! 😀

Lol @ Kevevs – do I seem wound up?

Kevevs
    Free Member

nice one! cheers guys 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

Happy 40th Ho hum – I remember my Dad’s – got pissed for the first time with a random bunch of journalists, train enthusiasts, unemployed actresses and musicians. Two and a half years for me 😯

Better go bunjee jump or something…

Hohum
    Free Member

Thank you everyone.

I am going to have a great day 🙂

Kunstler

I’ve been trying to put something into words here and just can’t quite do it right now. It amounts to the fact that I spend a lot of time on this forum and it has been a lifeline. It has been a place for me to indulge humour when there isn’t much opportunity elsewhere. I like STW lots.

Most importantly right now I’d like to say Happy Birthday Ho Hum (it’s a bit close to xmas isn’t it). One day, I’ll be back in the ‘burgh and the Pentlands will have emerged from the current ice age and maybe I’ll show you the good bits.
    Hope you’ve got a good whisky to toast your big 4 0.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I’ve had a massive amount of help and support from here, both on and off forum, it’s a great place. As above the only other place I can think compares is Mumsnet.

sharki
    Free Member

I’ve not ventured onto mumsnet.

It’s scarey enough coming here, chatting nicely to others then finding out most are frumpy middle aged, screen wiping, keyboard splashing IT numpties.

I’d hate to go to mumsnet and get to like a some of the ladies there, then find out i’ve been flirting with ms miggins and her excessively dropping bingo wings.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Emotional honesty and support: STW vs other forums’ is closed to new replies.