Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Electronics duffer – Lumi Halogen to LED conversion
  • theotherjonv

I've seen so many threads on this. I've already got a proper Lumi LED3 unit but also have my 2 old halogen cans and a battery that I use for a headlamp.

I'm not competent to do my own conversion, but would anyone like to do one for me? Obviously, I'd buy the bits you need to do it and pay you for the conversion – either cash, or alternatively you can have my second can for your own version as a part payment too.

anyone?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

using the cutter kit it is fairly simple to do. a realistic cost for doing it would make it prohibitive however. I did one for someone and it took me 3 or 4 hours – partly 'cos I had to cut a disc of alloy to mount it by hand.

Its really is not complex – just fiddly.

snaps
    Free Member

As TJ says electrically simple – 2 wires from battery to control board, 2 wires from control board to LED board & 2 wires from control board to switch if you're not using the board mounted option.
    Can be fiddly though if you've got fat fingers!

theotherjonv

that's what worries me. Fat fingers / no talent / electricity / on my head = strange tingly burning sensation / lack of hair.

cp

be careful with the cutter kits – the budget one now uses a square board which I believe doesn't fit in the lumi halogen cans.

Jerome
    Free Member

I asked the same question earlier.
    Someone said they would confirm the bits I needed.
    As to building – prob let me old man have a go.
    Will let you know how it works out.

Cheers
    J.

snaps
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Electronics duffer – Lumi Halogen to LED conversion’ is closed to new replies.