Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Eggsbox One RPG recommendations
  • Cougar

It looks like my OH and I are treating me ourselves to an Xbox One for Christmas. She’s been playing Skyrim on the 360 of late and really enjoying it, though it’s a couple of years old now and, well, bugridden.

Any recommendations for something similar on the One, some sort of fantasy-esque setting RPG? Was idly looking at Fallout 4, would that cut the mustard? The latest Borderlands is on the shopping list too (we both enjoyed BL2), and I’ll be getting Rise of the Tomb Raider. Anything else we should be looking at?

dknwhy

Metal gear solid 5 is immense.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Fallout 4
    OH might enjoy the RPG base crafting team explore bit more than shooter

olddog

I really enjoyed dragon age inquisition. But not next gen only and not sure what get over 360 version. Playing elder scrolls online and to be honest it’s a bit meh. I don’t think playing in a world with other people adds much. Very little interaction even when fighting alongside in multi player dungeons.

Witcher 3 has got really good reviews and is on my list, fallout 4 is next buy for me.

Just played through Halo 5 campaign, not brilliant, but multi player is loads of fun.

There seems to be a real emphasis on multi-player with this gen, but I think it makes games a bit soulless, Destiny as an example, although the ‘re-boot is supposed to be much better.

Then again world of tanks is ace -also on 360 – free to play on gold -2nd world war era multiplayer tank battles. What’s not to like. Titan fall is good fun online only shooter, but not played for a while so don’t know if it’s still popular enough to be worthwhile

JonBoy
    Free Member

Witcher 3 is a stunning game to look at and the game play is pretty good. I have about 6 hours on fallout 4 and I am loving every second of it plus it also comes with fallout 3 which was one of my favourite games on the 360.

Cougar

Cheers. Good shout of Witcher, I’d forgotten about that.

I really enjoyed dragon age inquisition.

I had the original Dragon Age, really enjoyed it but couldn’t get my head around the AI for your team. They never seemed to do what I programmed them to do. Is the newer one any better in that regard?

Metal gear solid 5 is immense.

I got Ground Zero on GwG the other week, and had a go at the weekend. Got to the bit where you’d to listen to the tape to work out where to go next, meanwhile I’d spent the entire game to that point trying and failing to get the companion app working and had a sudden attack of Can’t Be Arsed and switched it off.

Drac

Elder Scrolls Online although it’s not quite as open world as the offline version for obvious reasons.

Fallout 4 is proving to be very good.

Witcher 3 I’ve heard nothing but praise for.

Dark Souls II if you like a challenge.

olddog

In Dragon Age Inquistion I never bothered programming the rest of the team. Just let them get on with it, but as I was a Mage I’d occasionally cast shield and heal spells on them. I basically had a team of two fighters one rogue and me as a Mage. Once I got my head around it, and some decent weapons amour and powers the combat was fine, but not highlight of the game

What I really liked about the game were the interactions with AI team and NPGs, real depth to it and genuinely different responses depending on your gender, race, class etc. Even then after 120 hours of play and flirting with every available character I still failed to have sex – flashback to youth!

Also Good story line in a restoring fallen kingdom rpg way.

But I have a thing for really involved, offline rpgs and comepletionist tendencies.

bigh
    Free Member

Divinity Original sin out this month. Bit different with turn based combat if I recall. Also you can both play

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Got the witcher and it’s good but I struggled to really get in to it for some reason.

Have MGSV and whilst it’s awesome it’s also getting tedious with the repetitive side missions, so think I’ll just blast through the rest of the main missions and bin it.

Finished Halo 5, really enjoyed it and as has been said the online is fun.

Just got Fallout and it’s good so far and will probably keep me going for a while.

Couldn’t get into Drago Age at all which was a shame as I loved the other ones.

Dark Souls is just immense! But be prepared to swear a lot and maybe even buy a new controller. I almost destroyed one out of sheer frustration with the first one and Bloodborne on the PS4 but as they’re so hard you get sucked in and want to get past whatever it was that killed you.

Hated Destiny, felt like a cheap rip-off of Halo and it was bloody boring.

bikeytom
    Free Member

Witcher 3 would get my vote. Hands down the best rpg I have played in years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Eggsbox One RPG recommendations’ is closed to new replies.