Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • effective BB-mounted chainguide for a 1×9 setup?
  • hora
    Free Member

Not ISG but behind the hollowtech BB. Not bloody expensive either.

2wheels1guy
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered the eThirteen XCX.
    Looks good, has good reviews.
    £34

thepodge
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member

Also look at the MRP 1x

Rickos
    Free Member

Depends if you want/need a bottom guide or not. The Da Bomb one with bottom guide as well as top at CRC for £50 is the same as the Superstar Plasma. Just make sure you get the one for a bashguard or not depending if you’re running one…or not.

If you don’t want/need a bottom guide then you can’t go wrong with the MRP 1x.

hora
    Free Member

Rickos I’ve got a bashguide that has a lot of scars so it’ll be staying on! Looks like the 1x then? 🙂

Northwind

Superstar here, works very well. Well it would do, it’s a copy of the more expensive ones 😉

hora
    Free Member

Podge said earlier his flexed abit- how do you find it flexwise?

Northwind

If I grab it in both hands and twist it’ll flex but then so does the E13, and my Blackspire, and my Gamut for that matter. In use it’s been pretty flawless.

gee
    Free Member

MRP 1.x here – 3 of them. They’re excellent. The Superstar ones are ok, just don’t get the seat tube mounted one as the mount is useless due to the tiny little grub screws holding it together.

Rickos
    Free Member

Do the MRP ones work with a bash? I thought the bashring would rub on the outside of the guide.

StuE
    Free Member
    thepodge
    Free Member

Tom said his brothers flexed, I have the seat tube mount and its forever coming undone

BMC09
    Free Member

E*Thirteen XCX BB mount is working great on my 1×10, worked as well on the prev. 1×9 setup too.
    doesnt fit a bash, but not needed one personally.
    pics a bit out of focus, snapped quickly on the phone…

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have the Superstar one, just the guide, no roller. No issues.

spw3

I have the Superstar one but in order to get it working effectively with a single ring and bash you do need a little surgery. Post-op version works well.

kayak23

Can’t fault my blackspire dsx. Brilliant and quiet too.couldn’t get the superstar to work quietly.

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Pauls also do a BB mount version, used on a carbon stumpjumper and simply brilliant. Endless chain line adjustment, everything is alloy, and it’s just so damn pretty.

There’s a company on eBay that do the new for £34 plus I think £15 postage from US of A, arrive within a week.

mboy
    Free Member

I’ve got a Superstar XCR that I’m selling if you’re interested… BB mount, £10 posted it’s yours.

Selling as I’ve now got an MRP Lopes instead.

hora
    Free Member

Thanks mboy but like you I’m going to go with the proper route. Probably a Blackspire DSX as my current Blackspire ringGod bashguard makes me feel core even if I’m not 😀

thepodge
    Free Member

a bb mounted one won’t interfere with your link will it?

hora
    Free Member

Shouldn’t do as the Blackspire is well clear and looknig at the standard front mech housing – it also sits well clear..

hora
    Free Member

Dumb question (I’ve bought the MRP 1x that sits behind the BB).

What ring will it run on? The small or the middle ring? (basically about to order a new ring but not sure which one I need).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Middle.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

My Gamut one is light and does the job, just like the ST review said it would.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘effective BB-mounted chainguide for a 1×9 setup?’ is closed to new replies.