Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Edinburgh Trams – We May Have Seen Nothing Yet…
  • Smee
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8407657.stm

They may be going to revive plans to run a tramline out to the Royal Infirmary and Fort Kinnaird.

If you thought closing Leith Walk and Shandwick Place brought the city to a standstill, just imagine what closing the bridges and Cameron Toll would do to the place.

Stu_N

Depends on where you live – for example the Leith Walk works haven't affected me one bit but Shandwick Place/ Haymarket and Gogar have been a PITA.

Hopefully TIE will have learned something from the first whack of tram works if they try to do another run. The Bridges should be relatively easy to work on as there is less space for cables and pipes to be buried on a bridge – a mate was telling me some of the infrastructure they were moving in the west end is 20 feet below road level.

porterclough
    Free Member

I wouldn't get too excited, Sheffield's tram has been running since 1994 and several proposals to extend it have come and gone since then with no action.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Trams – We May Have Seen Nothing Yet…’ is closed to new replies.