Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Edinburgh residents – what taxi company from the airport? Want to pay by card!
  • robbo1234biking

Does anyone know if there is a taxi company that you can pre-book with that will accept credit cards? Wife is up there this weekend for work and will save her taking a load of cash if she can pre-book a taxi that will take payment via card. going from the airport to the city centre.

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

The fare’s <£30 IIRC.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Most taxis take cards there days but will charge you a couple quid to do it

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bus is as quick to the centre for £3.50.

higgo
    Free Member

Agree – if going to the city centre, take the bus.
    It’s cheaper and just as quick.
    And you can’t sit on the top deck of a taxi.

winstonsmith

Free wifi on the bus too!

rickmeister

Take the bus… it will drive on the very same bits of road that the taxi will use… and if you go back to the airport on the bus buy at return, its cheaper too. £6 return.

http://www.flybybus.com/

You could have used the tram but its a tad late……

AlasdairMc

What we really need in Edinburgh is some kind of fast transit system stopping right outside the airport and going straight into the city centre. Oh wait…

robbo1234biking

Cheers for the suggestion on the bus that is ideal!

taxi25
    Free Member

I don’t like the tone of this thread, of course you wife must use a taxi ! You’d have her sitting on a bus with all the rabble ? Shame on you.
    Not tham I’m biased or anything. 😀

konabunny
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with the bus when you can get the tram.

Oh, wait…

Kit
    Free Member

What’s this about a tram? Never heard anything about it in all my time in Edinburgh! Surely that’s going to cost a lot of money and disruption while it’s built – the locals will never go for that! The council would have to be completely vain and daft to start digging up beautiful Edinburgh for years, I can’t see that happening…

😉

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – you’d think that with all that other infrastructure that’s needed (like a dual carriageway to Inverness) no one in their right mind would put a tram as first priority.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh residents – what taxi company from the airport? Want to pay by card!’ is closed to new replies.