Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Edinburgh eating out etc advice
  • grumm
    Free Member

Gonna be staying near Peebles next week – got to go into Edinburger on Wednesday night to pick up the GF. Anyone got any advice for places to eat (preferable vaguely near the train station) and nice bars etc to go to? Never been before apart from passing through.

I gather it's the fringe at the mo – is everywhere going to be hideously busy?

Ta

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

is everywhere going to be hideously busy?

yes! If you like Veggie food David Banns don't do bookings during the festival so tables are available – best to arrive early

Plenty of good eating and drinking places in Edinburgh but I couldn't guess where would be OK at the moment. I avoid the town centre during the festival.

Leith is less busy but a couple of miles on the bus away.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ecco Vino on Cockburn St.

jeffl

Nargile – Turkish place 10 mins walk from station, or Bann

domino

Had a lovely meal in Nargile Sunday before last, and it wasnt busy either.

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks folks – Nagile sounds good but their website just has a message about it changing management. Anyone know how recently that was? How expensive is it roughly?

marty
    Free Member

it'll be busy, but in an enjoyable way.

we were at the pink olive on saturday after having been at the pleasance for a show. very good.

see the list for the best food and drink guide.

in peebles – had a meal at the sunflower recently. also very good.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I like Dave Banns and Henderson's Bistro.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

And you should be aware that at the minute Edinburgh is awash with complete bell ends and people trying to shove flyers down your neck (they leave you alone if you go "I live here!").

j_me
    Free Member

David Banns is great (and Im not a veggie). But I wouldn't try and go there during the festival, far, far too busy. Last time I walked past it was queued out of the door.

If you've not been before head up to the High Street/Royal Mile, it'll be busy but plenty of good bars and good atmosphere during the festival.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

If you can drive a bit (or take the short train trip further to Queensferry) this place is pretty good – my sister used to waitress there!

The Wee Restaurant

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I was in Banns last week – it is fine so long as you arrive early.

hora
    Free Member

Byrony bar for drinking – my favourite 😀

RustyMac

I was taken to this restaurent for Graduating. You may need to bokk as it was not the biggest place but prices seemed very reasonable for the standard of food which was excelent.
    Blonde

It is not too far from Waverly Station, abouot 3 miles but you will get to walk past alot of street shows happening in the fringe.
    Directions

ojom
    Free Member

3 miles? More like 1 ish.

RustyMac

Oops,

Restaurent is still very good, now just a little bit closer 😳

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Kalpna is also another good veggie restaurant and I'm certainly not a veggie. Great currys there

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh eating out etc advice’ is closed to new replies.