Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help me price a road frame for eBay (please)…
  • iamtheresurrection

I hate 'what's it worth threads'. Sorry 🙂

Right then, I feel a complete change in the garage so pretty much everything is going to be replaced. I'm comfortable pricing everything but my road frame – what's the collective opinion?

55cm Lemond Victoire, bought in 2005/6, half Reynolds ti, half OCLV carbon. I was offered £600 a couple of years back which I know it won't be worth now, but have no idea where to pitch it. Great nick other than a scratch to a decal on the seat-tube (you can't see it in the pic below, as the pics a little old).

Frame only pricing help, everything will be split.

Thanks

Craig

karnali
    Free Member

hi do you have a geometry chart or tt length i may be able to save u the hassle of ebay

chers

PJ266
    Free Member

Thats lovely.

I want it. No idea about price 😛

finbar
    Free Member

Why price anything on eBay? Just stick it on at 99p and it'll get what it's worth (probably more knowing eBay).

ctk
    Free Member

As above stick it on Ebay with a 99p start and we'll all find out what its worth. Must be near £600?

The other option is £850 Buy it now or nearest offer…

iamtheresurrection

There's a gemoetry table here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35152785@N00/4711387695/in/set-72157605414628709/

I reckon eBay's not too much hassle though Martin, in fact I quite like the not knowing. 🙂

But.. I'd be gutted if somehow the auction didn't take off and it went for a low price so although I hate doing this, I want to set a reasonable reserve for what's it's worth worst case…

Thanks PJ. I've had it since new, my wife thinks it's the only good looking bike I've ever owned and I've never wanted to part with it. But I reckon I'm ready for a complete change and I can't justify keeping it alongside another.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

3rd the 99p aproach.

If theres a price you cant bare to let it go for set a reserve.

But starting at £650 would mean no bids if people are only prepared to pay £600 for example.

iamtheresurrection

Nearest offer, that's an idea. Love the tought of north of £600 but I reckon it'd probably go a lot less. Feel perked by the suggestion though, so thanks!

iamtheresurrection

I tend not to bid on items with reserves, but don't mind a high starting price. Horses for courses I suppose…

oldgit
    Free Member

Blimey that's two of them I've seen this month.

jonb
    Free Member

I'll add 99p approach. Saves on listing fees and gets more interest.

I did it for a car once! High sphincter factor on that one when it was still on 99p about 4 days later. Went for about £100 more than I as expecting from autotrader research. £100 is a lot when you think it sold for £700.

psychle
    Free Member

Thats lovely.

+1!

Any chance of a full bike price? email in profile… 🙂

iamtheresurrection

High sphincter factor LOL.

Oldgit: they're clearly a bit common… Okay, so 99p with a reserve or take a punt on a Best Offer…

iamtheresurrection

Sorry Psychle, but I'm going to move most of the bits to a winter frame. I know that sounds a bit nuts, but I'd probably get £350 for a DA groupset, and a new 105 group would be £400ish. Likewise, the Ksyriums are worth probably £250, which is roughly what I'd spend on a decent pair of winter wheels…

I'm planning on building a Rourke 853 which I'll use for winter and long comfy rides in the summer, so I don't mind sticking decent kit on it…

Thanks anyway though.

psychle
    Free Member

could still be keen on the frame… really like the look of it, ti and carbon, my 2 favourite things together 8) . drop me an email if you want to discuss, I reckon we could come to an agreement 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help me price a road frame for eBay (please)…’ is closed to new replies.