• This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Edinburgh '48' Series
  • kcr
    Free Member

Off road racing in Craigmillar Country Park in May and June
    All ages, from Youth to Senior, and the course is suitable for MTB or cross bikes.

kcr
    Free Member
    pixelmix
    Free Member

Bumpty bump.

Anyone doing this? Might pop round for a pootle if I can be organised enough to take the bike into work.

Any thoughts from those that did it last year? I’ve only got a full-sus with 2.25″ tyres, so might be struggling for pace against the CXers! Should be a good laugh though.

gecko76

I was thinking of doing it, but wouldn’t get there to sign up for six o’clock.

Have emailed them to see what might be possible.

Looks like a laugh.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Probably struggle for 6pm myself, so hopefully there will be a relaxed attitude to sign on for the later race.

gecko76

Quote: “The main race won’t start before 1915 at the earliest so we’ll be taking signons until 1900 – hope this will give you time to get there”.

🙂

pixelmix
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks Gecko.

Kunstler

Did anybody here take party in this last week? I’ve never raced before and this looks like it could fun.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I did it last week. Good fun grassroots racing with a range of paces. Courses balances out to be equally fast on mtb or cx I reckon. Definitely singlespeed friendly too it next week’s course is the same.

gecko76

I had to retire the first week with a mechanical but did it last night and it was all good. As above, mtbs, cxers and singlespeeds were pretty evenly spread.

It’s off next week but on again the week after.

TheFlyingOx

I’m probably wrong, but the cyclist cutout on the pdf looks suspiciously like something from that fourcrossjohn thread a while back.

marty
    Free Member

Great wee event, just what grassroots racing should be about. Well done ERC and all their volunteers.

Wouldn’t it be good if it could be stretched out into a wee city series at various locations in Edinburgh with other clubs/groups organising too?

Off for a ponder…

kcr
    Free Member

Latest results from the 48 Series

There’s still one event to go on the 2nd June. More information about the 48 series
    And for anyone who has not taken part yet, here’s a wee video of the course: Edinburgh 48 video

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh '48' Series’ is closed to new replies.