Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • ebay seller issue
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I got some stuff from an ebay seller a while ago, some of it was **** from the word go and was returned, the rest showed up some faults later (after the ebay 45 day claim period) and the seller said “return them no problem and I’ll refund you”…sadly it didn’t go that way and the last I heard, 5 weeks ago, was that he would find a buyer for what I returned (which he said was fine) and send me a new one as replacement. He’s ignored me since then.

Basically I think I need to send him a link to this thread and give him one last chance not to be a Realman…if there’s nothing back then play the “name, blame, flame and shame” game (of course I would keep any content posted online completely factual, and it might hurt his business a little).

Any other ideas? He’s not in the UK so it’s not worth suing him (Otherwise I would)

monkeyboyjc

did you pay by paypal? – if so open a dispute and get your money back. simples.

jimmy

not to be a Realman

catchy 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

monkeyboyjc – Member
    did you pay by paypal? – if so open a dispute and get your money back. simples.

within 45 days, yes. Outwith that, no.

PePPeR

Can’t you open it as an eBay dispute? Rather than Paypal! If you didn’t receive the goods till after the 45 days then get eBay involved.

monkeyboyjc

in that case phone your credit/debit card company and see if you can get them to do a charge back for goods non recived.

trail_rat
    Free Member

A purveyoir of forks al ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Please read teh OP peeps…

monkeyboyjc – Member
    in that case phone your credit/debit card company and see if you can get them to do a charge back for goods non recived.

PePPeR – Member
    If you didn’t receive the goods till after the 45 days then get eBay involved.

Goods were received…issue occurred +45 days after payment.

TR…I couldn’t possibly comment

monkeyboyjc

but you returned them so didnt get a refund or exchange – hense charge back.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmmmm

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

So if I read correctly….

You’ve sent the faulty items back, but are yet to receive a refund for anything?

You’re outside of the Paypal claim window, so this is not an option?

Whether you can do a chargeback will depend on how you paid.

If you paid from your Paypal balance, then there isn’t really anything you can do.

If you paid via Paypal, but funded from your credit or debit card, then chargeback is an option.

For more info on Chargeback visit http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers – just seen your post. I’ll need to check the bank statements to see where the £ came from. However my bank have just told me there’s nothing they can do even if I paid with my bank account. 🙄

I’ll read your linked article tho.

tonyd

A Germanic purveyor of bushy tailed forks? If so I might PM you for more details as a mate bought some last week. They seemed a very reasonable price which of course immediately raises suspicion!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Darn…only £13 of the sum was transferred by bank…better than nothing I suppose.

Oh well I guess it’s the name, shame and flame game shortly!

neninja
    Free Member

You can add follow up feedback on his Ebay account.

Also if he is within the EU you can sue through the UK small claims court system as it has been standardised across the EU.

http://www.ukecc.net/read_write/file/UK%20ECC%20Guide%20To%20The%20European%20Small%20Claims.pdf

Rickos
    Free Member

Go get ’em, Al! Keep those lawyery senses sharp.

scud
    Free Member

As they say if the seller is within the EU, then you can still issue Small Claims proceedings, if you need any help with then let me know as it’s what i do for a living for my sins.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sadly he’s in China…I’m a lawyer too and it’s not worth pursuing 🙁

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ouch. Burnt!

Should have gone to your freindly local bike shop …

cynic-al
    Free Member

product unavailable (AFAIK) through any other channel.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I think you should hire some Polish Mafia types and pay them in cheese.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ebay seller issue’ is closed to new replies.