Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay – number of watchers
  • mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

I’m selling a random bike part and it seems to have more watchers than I have had on an item ever! (around 40). I’m just curious how many you have had watching an item in the past? I have sold bikes, boats, loads of other good stuff, and not had as many watchers. It’s not expensive and I don’t expect it to go over £40. It’s the first time I’m selling stuff since the prices rocketed right enough!

druidh
    Free Member

Remember – some folk “watching” will be thinking of selling the same thing and are just keen to see how much it’ll go for.

BigDummy
    Free Member

What is it?

mysterymurdoch
    Free Member

Druidh I know, I do that too!

BigDummy I’m not using this post for advertising so I’ll not highlight the ad, but it’s a common drivechain component by the big S.

ziggy
    Free Member

My record was 381 watching my written off Audi, but as said above most are usually gauging a price or want to buy for silly money, I had loads of offers for around £500, got £2.7k in the end 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

I once sold a very rare Leica (black paint M4) on ebay – at one point there were almost 500 watchers 😯

Unfortunately, I didn’t see much of the proceeds as they were split between my late grandad’s siblings….

Garry_Lager

100 odd for a new scalpel frame I was selling is the most I can remember. Went for a silly price as well.

spooky_b329

Had 120 watchers for a caravan last week, in the end about 6 people put in bids. Went for £950, had offers as low as £300. (£200 less than starting bid!)

m0nster2
    Free Member

A friend of mine dabbles significantly with eBay.
    He has a completely unscientific, but pretty reliable, ratio of 6:1 (watchers/potential buyers.)

Therefore, 40 watchers means that 6 or 7 are likely to be interested and get involved in bidding.

waihiboy
    Free Member

Remember – some folk “watching” will be thinking of selling the same thing and are just keen to see how much it’ll go for.

what he said 😉

clareymorris

60 odd watchers for my bike, and 8 bidders……so yep that adds up!

Jamie
    Free Member

druidh:

Boom! There it is.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – number of watchers’ is closed to new replies.