Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay- Non-Paying Buyer Frustrations
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’m trying to sell my SRAM 11sp groupset on Ebay, first time I had a non-paying buyer, second time I suspect I’m going to have the same, with the buyer having been incommunicado for the 2 days since auction end and a similar pattern for each buyer, both appear to have good feedback, but when you go into their feedback profiles you can’t actually see the items they bought and sold. They also seem to have feedback from similar users to each other.

I can’t really work out why they are doing it, there’s no attempt being made to get any money out of me so my best guess is that they are selling similar items to mine with legitimate accounts while using false ones to outbid genuine bidders who might buy mine instead?

More importantly, if I am relisting, how the hell do I stop knobs such as this wasting my time again?

wwaswas

Don’t use Ebay?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Second chance offer (unless B.I.N)?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

It’s bad luck to get this twice in a row. Just relist, or offer a second chance to the next highest bidder.

kcal

report the occurrence and suspicions to eBay – even phone them.

They may be able to check better than you as to any links.

🙁

Bagstard
    Free Member

I feel your pain, two messers so far on a frame I’m selling. The other thing is insultingly low offers, whilst I want to tell them to f off, I just don’t respond.

maccruiskeen

More importantly, if I am relisting, how the hell do I stop knobs such as this wasting my time again?

Report them as a non- paying bidder – this puts a strike against their account

Set your listings prefs so that people with non-paying bid strikes can’t bid

spooky_b329

List as Buy It Now and tick the Immediate Payment Required box.

I sell practically everything this way, and make a good price compared to completed auctions.

Some buyers want to bid and try and get a bargain, but a lot just want to make their purchasing decision and be done with it, and will pay the going rate (or allow offers, immediate payment still applied)

kerley
    Free Member

List as Buy It Now and tick the Immediate Payment Required box.

+1.

It is what I do on pretty much everything I sell. The buyer cannot ‘win’ the item without paying for it as you do when buying from an eBay shop.
    You obviously loose out on the auction aspect and have to set your price but on teh flipside you can get more impulsive purchases.

devash
    Free Member

Buy It Now / Immediate Payment as others have said.

List as free postage with the calculated postage costs incorporated into the B.I.N. price.

Never had a problem with non-paying bidders since listing items like this.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

It happens very occasionally. I had one “buyer” who sent me a message saying he wasn’t going to pay as he had just received the invoice from ebay for the stuff he’d sold. I think he thought he was somesort of ebay anarcist?

Could be worse, could be Gumtree. We’ve had some right weirdos not turn up/turn up.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

message saying he wasn’t going to pay as he had just received the invoice from ebay for the stuff he’d sold.

Probably “ah I’ve got £X in my PayPal account, what can I buy?”
    Followed by “Wtf my account is empty because eBay just billed me for 90% of what was left after PayPal fees”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay- Non-Paying Buyer Frustrations’ is closed to new replies.