• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ebay Click and Collect From Argos!
  • tortoisenothair
    Free Member

What ever next?
    Buy your item from your faverate Ebay seller and collect it free from you local Argos
    (althought they do have to sign up for it)

What a great idea!

http://sellercentre.ebay.co.uk/click-and-collect

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Yup. Just bought a Lenovo yoga tablet from their ebay store. Brilliant idea.

spooky_b329

Whilst we are on the subject of ebay and delivering, who else has had the ‘you’ve been enrolled in the global shipping program’ emails?

Where my items automatically get offered worldwide except places I exclude, and I post them to an ebay global shipping warehouse.

Makes sense, but the emails had a hint of ‘scam’ about them, even though they’d included my name as reassurance it wasn’t…

maccruiskeen

Buy your item from your faverate Ebay seller and collect it free from you local Argos
    (althought they do have to sign up for it)

I’m sure we’ll see more of that sort of thing. A lot of people have difficulty reconciling the convenience of online shopping with the inconvenience of having to be in to get the deliveries.

The couriers make a saving as they take a whole bunch of deliveries to one address and theres always someone in – no second delivery attempts and although other stores act as collect and delivery points (I can send and receive large/heavy UPS parcels via my local brantano shoe shop) Argos are better set up than others to be able to deal with the logistics of parcels as their shops are a basically a parcel-sorting system to start with.

Theres generally an argos on every high street. The only slight snag is just that – that they are on the high street – a chain that has more stores in edge of town retail parks would perhaps be more convenient.

Its a shame the post office hasn’t been more forward thinking in this respect and start operating more as service for receiving parcels rather than sending them. If I miss a parcel force delivery they just take it to my local PO rather than back to a depot. Ball all the other major courier depots are 30 odd miles away its a shame they don’t have a deal where they drop at the local PO if they miss you instead of re-delivering. Saves them a second delivery, they should just have a deal with the PO where the local shops can take deliveries in on your behalf then register the collection when you pick it up

falkirk-mark

Got some stuff delivered to my local argos this week, it’s a good service

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Used the click and collect ebay thingy over the Christmas hols last year, I couldn’t guarantee I would be home and I needed the bike carrier.

Worked out well.

d45yth
    Free Member

Spooky_b – have you sold to foreign buyers before though? I recently have, so thought the enrollment thing was a result of that?

tillydog
    Free Member

spooky_b329:

“… who else has had the ‘you’ve been enrolled in the global shipping program’ emails?

…Makes sense, but the emails had a hint of ‘scam’ about them…”

It is ebay, but…

http://blog.gmargin.com/pitney-bowes-playing-peekaboo-switcheroo-global-shipping-packages-were-paying-it/

and (a bit rambling):

I shall be continuing to opt out.

spooky_b329

Thanks Tilly,

No, don’t think I’ve sold outside the UK (at least not for a few years)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I picked up some ebay stuff from Argos last week.

Great idea IMO but, whatever you do, make sure you can find the text that’s says the goodies are in!

I must have spent 30 mins trawling through emails and texts looking for one from Argos. It came from a mobile number so I kept missing it.

Found it eventually but they weren’t letting me have the goods without the reference number on the text.

DezB
    Free Member

Argos click collect, yep, used that. Dead simple.

Whilst we are on the subject of ebay and delivering, who else has had the ‘you’ve been enrolled in the global shipping program’ emails?

Yes, went onto ebay and un-enrolled myself. I sell about 2 items a year, why the hell would i want to be bothered with shipping abroad?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ebay Click and Collect From Argos!’ is closed to new replies.