Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ebay brakes from China??
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Just bought a set of MT2’s off here from a new build which were removed but they came without mounts or rotors for £50. Personally I see that as a bargain but now with the need for a set of rotors and mounts I’ve spotted full sets of brakes for sale on ebay with everything brand new for only £60 from China, is this stuff legit or should I avoid?
    I’m tempted to buy a brand new set and then put sell these myself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is China a shop? Is it a manufacturer?
    It’s a country with lots of manufacturing going on, so you could be getting anything.

mazdarati

I bought a set of Magura Julies donkeys years ago from china on ebay building up a budget hardtail. Had no issues they were the real deal and still going strong 6 years later. Only thing I had to do was swap the hoses around and give a bleed as they were set up ‘Murican style with front brake on the left. Shouldnt be an issue with MT2 as they are flip flop design

P-Jay
    Free Member

Personally, for such a safety critical part I’d use a well-known supplier. Especially given how cheap Shimano stuff is at the moment – I’ve just ordered a set of SLX brakes for £75, admittedly that’s more money and they don’t come with discs, but it’s not a huge amount more to be sure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ebay brakes from China??’ is closed to new replies.