Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebay bargain or dodgy..Let the forum decide!!
  • markyboy
    Free Member
    ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I’d be willing to take a punt a 99p

teethgrinder

weeksy

It’s a rather extravagant profile for a scam.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Hacked ebay account I reckon. Unless they’ve suddenly decided to start selling bikes along with tie die t-shirts. Also the seller is listed as USA yet the bike is uk

markyboy
    Free Member

if legit its a lot of bike for a grand!

njee20
    Free Member

Yes… That’s the point.

Now where’s my shitty stick I use to not touch things like that?!

blurty

you’d be kissing good by to the grand I think

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh purlease.

Dodgyier than a dodgy thing in Dodge City.

Clever use of an image with all the details, stops searches finding similar scam details.

njee20
    Free Member

Clever use of an image with all the details, stops searches finding similar scam details.

Not noticed that, clever!

allthepies
    Free Member

It does elevate them from the usual knuckle dragging scam artists 🙂

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Has anyone reported this auction? My bullsh#t radar is off the scale.

oxym0r0n

Yep, just reported

There’s lots of similar listings around – I had one that kept coming up on my saved searches – tallboy with lefty forks through all different sellers, email direct etc. etc.

skydragon
    Free Member

This kind of stuff boils my p&ss. 2 weeks ago someone hacked my ebay account and sold a industrial metal folding machine of all things for 1650 quid. I ended up with 165 ebay fees and a 3 hour call with ebay to try and sort the mess out.

They had also used an image for contact details etc

Clover

Was listening to Radio 4 at lunchtime… apparently there’s another way to scam via Ebay without actually hacking accounts.

Student/unemployed person sees job ad on totaljobs or other (even the government site) legit job site. Looks very like legit employment agency (borrows logos, just very slight variant on email address) and offers woefully naive victim a job as an ‘ebay sales account assistant’ or some such. Must have paypal account and good ebay feedback.

You can probably guess the rest… but it ends with sale of goods based on nice photo uploaded by woeful victim, woeful victim transferring the funds to their account manager thinking that goods will then be posted, the buyer not getting the bargainous camera and the account manager vanishing off the face of the earth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebay bargain or dodgy..Let the forum decide!!’ is closed to new replies.