Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Easyjet bike bag stuffing
  • pigyn
    Free Member

Now that easyjet have put the bike allowance up to 32kg (70lbs) it looks like it should be possible to travel (Edinburgh to Malaga) with just hand luggage and a bike box, if they let you stuff it with clothes etc (up to the 32kg) and too the rest in your hand baggage.

I can’t find anything on their website about this, does anyone have any experience?

Thanks!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My lightish trail bike in an evoc bag weighs 23kg with a few tools chucked in. If you can get everything into 9kg then go for it 🙂

Though I believe the T&C’s still say the bike bag should only contain the bike

falkirk-mark

Pretty sure they don’t let you do it but you could wrap your bike for protection and hope they do not check.

http://www.easyjet.com/en/bicycles

Edit- bike only on this link.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I had other bits and bobs stuffed in last year – as long as you’re under I don’t think they’re too fussed.

Bear in mind wet Five Tens will weigh more than your bike on the way back.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve stuffed two bikes in a bike bag with easy jet. I think it depends on the check-in staff.

MartinSTS
    Free Member

From the Easyjet site this morning:looks like they have eased things?

You pay for

Baggage allowance

0 bags, 1 large sports item

Total allowance 1 item @32kg total
    This item must be a genuine sports equipment as defined

1 bag, 1 large sports item

Total allowance 2 items @ 52kg total
    1 item must be genuine sports equipment as defined
    You may distribute weight between items as desired

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve flown bikes quite a bit with Easyjet. I’ve never had anyone look in the bag and I’ve always kept it under 32kg. That said, I don’t stuff it to the max, usually just bike related stuff and maybe a sleeping bah stuffed in somewhere.

geoffj

Maybe it was people taking the piss with bike bag stuffing that prompted them to reduce the limit to 23kg.
    Just saying like…

Northwind

I stick pads etc in the bike bag- basically anything that can help protect the bike! And if they have a problem with that frankly they should take better care of it. We could pack bikes light and airy, if we could trust them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Easyjet bike bag stuffing’ is closed to new replies.