Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Easy way to lose weight?
  • muggomagic

Been trying different ways of losing weight over the last few months, but none seem to be working. Does anyone know of good way to lose weight with minimum effort?
    I don't really eat that much. I did try keeping a food diary, but got fed up of constantly having to write stuff in it. Can't afford anymore surgery so I really need some cheap, easy way of losing the belly.
    Any suggestions will be greatly received.

AndyP
    Free Member

amoebic dysentery.

stompy

Less in more out….. ie: eat less and expend more energy 🙂

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I bought a TACX Fortius trainer (not cheap though) – and use it 5 times a week for about an hour… with a proper outdoors ride. I reduced foor portion sizes and stopped snacking.

Lost 20lbs in 6 weeks…

The trainer means I can eat 'some' shit food – and then burn it off..! Am really enjoying the process of losing weight and the advantages 'on the bike' that come with it…

muggomagic

amoebic dysentery.

Can you get that over the counter or do you need a prescription?

uplink
    Free Member

Can't afford anymore surgery

go on then I'll bite – what have you had done so far?

tails
    Free Member

Yeah other than surgery and food poisoning there are no easy ways. To me though it sounds more like you need to get your head in the right place to give it that 2 – 3 month push, as opposed to not being able to do it. How much you looking to lose?

tazzymtb

fatkins diet worked a treat for me many years ago, best if you actually read the book properly rather than just believing the "it's just eating meat n no carbs" snippets you see in the press. It's not something I'd think about long term but for getting and keeping the weight off it was tops. I went from nearly 16st to 12 st in about 7 months then went back to a more balanced diet having got rid of any craving for processed carbs and I'm now still 12st 7 years later. 😀

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Eat less, exercise more – or if you already feel like you are starving yourself, eat better quality foods and increase the intensity of your exercise. I found indoor cycling classes (aka "spinning" classes) superb for this, as I just hammered myself for an hour, three times a week, with a real ride at the weekend, and with sensible eating then steady gradual weight loss was the result.

I guess thats the other thing, how much weight do you want to loose and over what length of time? I've never found an £easy£ way of losing weight/maintaining weight when lost, other than dietary control & exercise.

samuri
    Free Member

Does anyone know of good way to lose weight with minimum effort?

Ride, a lot more than you already are doing. Ride a lot further and ride a lot harder, roadbikes are your friend here. Granted, it's not the easiest route but I don't think there is an easy route to losing weight is there? The plus side of riding a lot more is you don't have to watch your diet so much plus you'll feel a million times better.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Second all the above……and move in with a vegetarian. I wasn't exactly fat but have lost nearly a stone over 6 months from eating beans and seeds instead of good old meat 😆

sc-xc

I lost weight this year by:

– Cycle commuting at least 4 days per week (10m each way)
    – Kickboxing training at least once per week (plus gradings and squad training)
    – Gym every day for around 50 minutes. 4 day split rotating Chest-Arms-Shoulders-Back/Abs (I don't train legs as the cycling/kickboxing has made them strong)
    – Squash once per week
    – Off ride ride when I could fit one in

I don't eat meat, so temptation of fatty fast food has gone, but I eat mainly salad or veg, pasta and jackets. No snacking, and drink alcohol once a week.

I lost 2.5 stone and my body fat% is under 10 now.

If you stick at any regime for a few months, it will work.

peachos
    Free Member

sounds like you have completely the wrong attitude anyway mate. you want an easy way to lose weight? ha, there is no such thing. it's something you have to work at. all these fad diets and surgery is a load of balls, if you want to lose weight cut out the junk and exercise more; it's easy but it's all in your mind to be honest. if after your '3 months of trying' it's not working, you're not trying hard enough or you're not committed to it.

Keva
    Free Member

burn more calories than you consume is the only formula.

duckman

Cut one of your legs off.

muggomagic

The problem I have is that the fat gene has been passed on from my fathers side so I'm up against it from the start. I've started cutting back already. I only drink diet coke now and baked crisps instead of the fried junk.

samuri
    Free Member

fat gene

This is going to run for weeks now.

muggomagic

Keva on my iPhone that looks like you've typed BUM more calories than you consume. Is this a diet you have tried before? I'm willing to give it ago if you're convinced it'll work.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I guess you're 'big boned' as well?

Eat less!! Exercise more!! Do it properly, it won't be instantaneous but it will be more effective and safer and sustainable than any silly fad diet.

stompy

fat gene

😆

rolfharris
    Free Member

Exercise and a vegetarian diet.

I've not eaten much meat at all since the start of November and have been running most days (half an hour is enough and easy to squeeze in, and you can start by not running all the way) as well as the usual bike rides plus an extra one a week.

Lost a stone since November 6th, now 10.5 stone and stopping there.

Oh, and there's no such thing as a fat gene. You eat more than you can burn off, you get fat. Simple as that. If you think it's hereditory, you've already defeated yourself and you'll never get thin.

sc-xc

I only drink diet coke now and baked crisps

there you have it. Swap for water and fruit.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Grrr, I've got the internet angries at the fat gene now.

Let's not start an argument gentleman, I know what you're all like 😉

muggomagic

No such thing as the fat gene???

[/URL]http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article1647517.ece[/URL]

uplink
    Free Member

Come on guys – he's trolling
    cut it out with the serious answers

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

jelly tits – Member
    The problem I have is that the fat gene has been passed on from my fathers side so I'm up against it from the start. I've started cutting back already. I only drink diet coke now and baked crisps instead of the fried junk.

Stop the carbonated drinks for a starter, http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/328/7450/1237 , and as for the "baked crisps instead of the fried junk" then just stop eating the baked crisps, they are shite quality processed carbs anyway. If you have to eat something in between a meal, why not fruit or veg?

Out of interest, what fat gene has your family been identified with?

I'm not taking the piss here, I have a recurrent weight problem, so I do know how hard it can be to lose weight and keep it off, in some ways the weight loss is just the start. I've never tried to hide behind any excuses, except maybe in primary school, after that point it has just been an acceptance that I eat too much/eat unhealthily, and don't exercise enough at times.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I lost about 3/4 of a stone in a week without to much effort.

Went on holiday to Morocco, got hit by a motorbike and spent a week in a moroccan hospital with some sort of drip in my arm. Didnt eat much at all but i was sick a fair amount. Lost about 3/4 of a stone

Give that a go

Or just dont eat as much. Dont know what you eat now but if you stick to 3 small meals a day with no snacks in between then I dont see how you could go wrong. i.e. Breakfast – cereal, dinner – fuit and some sort of nuts or something and tea – pasta or stir fry or something like that.

Do a bit of exercise everyday and you should be onto a winner

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Are kebabs ok?

muggomagic

I do exercise everyday. I walk my dog at least 3 miles per day and a lot more than that in the summer. I can't ride so much at the moment as my knee is still sore from an injury sustained playing football, but I would generally get out twice a week for a short midweek ride of around 16miles and a weekend ride of 20-25 in the winter months and far more in the summer. I'm an active person, I have 3 kids so rarely get a chance to sit on my arse.

muggomagic

Are kebabs ok?

as long as you have them with salad and a low fat dressing I should think.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Unless "the fat gene" pisses off for a pizza when you are not looking you are still responsible for what goes in. A greater propensity to be, on average, 3 kg heavier (or if you just got it from dad is that just one copy, therefore on average 1.2 kg?) just means you have to take more responsibility for what goes in and out. If you find it harder, fair enough, if you are serious you will try harder, no/little effort (mental or physical) in? Don't expect, or even hope for any results.

gazman
    Free Member

jelly tits, without being rude you say that you started a food diary but got bored with filling it in, if you ate less there would surely be less to put into the diary anyways, last jan 1 i stopped taking sugar in tea and halfed my intake elsewhere i have lost weight this last 12 months in a more consistant way than ever before i have ridden more and never felt better, give it a go it might work for you,

DaddyPig
    Free Member

JT do you drink lots of beer. perhaps you could put a lemonade top on each pint. should do the trick.

jamesfifield

I don't really eat that much. I did try keeping a food diary, but got fed up of constantly having to write stuff in it

Surely there's the problem: too much consumption and too little determination? 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so people say to stop snacking but if I am really hungry and can't wait until lunch or dinner, what would you snack on? they say fruit and veg but I find that doesn't often fill me up enough?? suggestions?
    Just a thought as I'm trying to eat super healthy, I've given up alcohol for the month of January! should be interesting month 😉

hitman
    Free Member

I have is that the fat gene has been passed on from my fathers side

🙂
    munque-chick, if you're hungry, eat. But you'll find that if you eat every 2-3 hours , you won't get hungry between eatuing times. Try it, work out your calorie intake and divide by six. For me I work out roughly 2500 calories divided by six = 400 calories at a time. If you're exercising as well then I don't see how it can fail to work. Oh and I eat fruit if I'm snacking.
    good luck

muggomagic

I do like a drink, but I don't think that has much bearing on my weight as I generally drink cider.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

how is that of any consequence?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mmmm I can never figure out calories etc! I wouldn't have a clue what calories are in what! I'm basically eating heathily and exercising more! but it's just a case of what to eat all day then? So bowl of Ready brek and banana in am, usually sees me through to lunch. If I'm at work some soup, ryvita with marmite and low fat cottage cheese then evening meal home made stir fry with lots of veggies, pasta, cottage pie or something homemade with lots of veg. I just find when I have to snack fruit doesn't fill me up!!!! I'm working on it though!

uplink
    Free Member

Losing weight can be odd at times

I've been steadily losing around 2lbs a month all last year until September when I stopped losing & stayed the same – Oct & Nov, again no change
    Dec – I go & lose 5lbs

My diet & exercise is pretty near identical each month

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Easy way to lose weight?’ is closed to new replies.