Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Easton Haven Carbon Bars
  • Rob_514
    Free Member

Hey has anyone tried the or ridden for any great length of time on the Easton Haven carbon bars? Are they as flexy as people make out? Some people were saying you could feel them flexing as you went through compressions, into and out berms, under power? Anyone had any experience of this? Wanna know if this will happen before I spend a ton on some bars (if I can find someone who has them in stock).

Rob

marco
    Free Member

I have them on my 6″ travel bike and so does my mate.
    Been to inners , glentress etc and no issues. Dont know how carbon bars could flex, it would be a bit scary IMO.
    Thet are well made, very light and super strong.

Rob_514
    Free Member

Nice one marco. They would be going on a 6″ Covert bike anyway. Just heard mixed reviews about carbon risers being flexy thats all. Good to hear they are as good as they look.

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Carbon supposedly has flex as one of its qualities and therefore takes out trail buzz but they aren’t flexy to the degree you’d feel it

forgotmename
    Free Member

Ive got some,and they are strong in my opinion, im 15 stone and havnt noticed any flex, i fell off a mountain and my bike landed on the bars and saddle, upside down, smashing my lovely garmin to bits and the very very ridiculously priced reverb switch, leaving fair size scuffs scratches and dinks in my bars, i rode the rest of the day with no problems or worries. This is the good bit, i fell 25foot off the mountain to rocks and just got up with a few scratches and a swollen but not sore wrist, i am a lucky git, i was in chamonix, charlanon trail les praz, it was the the 11th of sept, at 10.25 am, as i landed, a massive part of Les Drus came tumblin down, filling the valley with dust, we joked about the butterfly effect. Sos about wafflin on but its a good story (in my head). I have since replaced the bars with new Havens.

handyman
    Free Member

I have the havoc and my mate the haven, i weigh 13 st and have not noticed any flex and i have a 29er sultan, both me and my mate have crashed and i have hit a few trees with the bars which threw me off the bike but the bars are unmarked and still feel great, Jensonusa had some in stock or pricepoint.com

jambon
    Free Member

The only ‘flexy’ carbon bars I’ve had were Answer Pro Tapers – had them on my rigid SS / commuter and were sooooooo comfy compared with alu bars. Flexed in a nice way though.

Both Easton carbon bars (1st and 2nd generation Monkey XC flavour), however, have beed as rigid as alu bars, or more rigid.

No idea about Havens now that I’m poor.

Northwind

There’s nowt particularily flexy about them, some people will make up any old crap because they think it makes them sound like a more hardcore rider and flex is the number one option for that. IMO 😉 I hit that berm so hard I felt the entire world flex.

Comparing them with my old Monkeylite DHs, there’s no noticable difference at all, other than that they come in a lowrise and are a little lighter. According to Easton the Havens are just as strong as the DHs, no way of telling if that’s true but if it is, these are mighty strong bars (as in, bike falling off chairlift onto bars strong)

ruscle
    Free Member

Sweet bars, get some. end of…

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I have the Carbon one’s on my Heckler and the Alu one’s on my hardtail. Haven’t noticed any flex on either and can’t really say I notice much difference between the two, other than about £50. 😉

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of havens, and the matching stem. They are amazing. I trust them completely and don’t feel any flex.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Easton Haven Carbon Bars’ is closed to new replies.