Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Easton EA90XC Hub problems
  • kevin1911

I have a set of Easton EA90XC wheels on a bike that doesn’t get used too often. I went to take it for a spin today and noticed that the rear hub was very stiff and reluctant to turn. It seems fine when it’s out of the frame but really stiff once in the frame and tightened up. I saw that Easton released an upgrade kit for these hubs in 2013, but I think Easton have now changed hands and changed their UK importer. Has anyone been able to get the upgrade kit since Silverfish took over things in the UK? I’ve sent them an email, but curious if anyone else has had any success.

Cheers,
    Kevin

kevin1911

Anyone?

kevin1911

For anyone that’s in the same boat now or in the future – it seems that Easton decided to stop giving the kits out for free in October 2014. They now cost £17, which isn’t a lot, but the wheels were very expensive and it’s quite clearly a design flaw which has had to be resolved. I tried emailing Easton direct, but they’re not responding and their Facebook page is awash with people complaining about the lack of support or lack of email responses. Shame really, I used to really rate Easton as a brand.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Easton EA90XC Hub problems’ is closed to new replies.