Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • There is someting about IDS…
  • jimw
    Free Member

..lthat makes me want to vomit every time I see footage of him speaking. Todays delightful display in the commons being a case in point. I really think he is as unpleasant as he appears, not that I have ever met him.

allthepies
    Free Member

nickc

It’s because he’s a Tory, and means that judging by your natural reaction to him, you’re a normal and well adjusted person.

HTH

racefaceec90

well he thinks people like myself are scum (and people worse off than myself who claim esa e.t.c) if he had his way,i’m sure we would be the root cause of the economic recession/in a uk equivalent of the gulag 😉

can you tell i’m a big fan of his 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

vile specimen, in the same category as John Redwood

mooman
    Free Member

Agreed – but he still isn`t anywhere as slimey looking as George Osborne.

woody74

When George Osborne first came to power I would agree he was slimey but he has somehow grown on me
    The worst was Ed Balls. When I heard he lost his seat I certainly thought, thank god for that. Only a few people in the world I detest.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I used to love IDS for his contribution to the then unelectabiity of the Conservative Party whilst he was leader.

However, i have a special dislike for IDS for his cheap crass and inept ‘trying to be something you are not’. That is a generous way of saying he lied like a cheap watch when he talked about his ‘life on benefits’ (you know, when he wasn’t in the army any more and had to live rent free in a cottage on his girlfriend’s absurdly rich parents’ absurdly nice (country house not council) estate.
    That is like me saying my 20 mile ride in the snow on dartmoor last winter means i totally get what its like to do the iditabike and furthermore have the moral authority to make the race colder and longer cos i don’t think you other iditabikers are trying hard like i did. 😕

footflaps

I really think he is as unpleasant as he appears

I think he’s more unpleasant. I read a great quote in the paper about him along the lines of “IDS is the only person to visit the Easterhouse housing estate in Glasgow and come away thinking the main problem was the residents had too much money”. Says it all really.

matt_outandabout

footflaps

If you want to know just how evil he is, have a read of this:

http://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/news/benefit-sanctions-parallel-secret-penal-system

Absolutely shocking.

His great contribution to social welfare is a horrendously unfair system design to punish the poor for being poor.

binners

Even by the standards of the present Tory party he stands out for his utter ****ishness. Quite some achievement in a party that counts Eric Pickles and Grant Shapps among its number.

The Easterhouse thing was interesting. He said he’d had an epiphany when visiting there. That he didn’t realise such poverty existed in the UK (yes… It’s called the real world, you silver spoon, Home Counties ****!), and he was determined to do something about it.

So his solution to this ‘epiphany’ – to demonise them, then make their lives immeasurably worse!

There’s true Tory logic at work for you, right there!

sobriety
    Free Member

Judging by his pupils, Osborne’s been on the acid again in that photo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t see the point of singling out IDS as some sort of uniquely nasty piece of work within the Tory Party.

Yes he looks a bit creepy but the agenda IDS is enthusiastically following is completely in line with Conservative Party policies, and Tory voters freely and willingly voted for it.

gordimhor

If Carlsberg made arrogant vindictive bellends ….IDS

footflaps

I don’t see the point of singling out IDS as some sort of uniquely nasty piece of work within the Tory Party.

Because he plays the evil half wit so well.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But he’s not a Tory rebel.

Judging by the comments on here it seems to me that all Cameron needs to do is to replace IDS with a more appealing character and Tories could carry on pursuing exactly the same polices with less public objection.

footflaps

But he’s not a Tory rebel.

Who said he was?

ninfan
    Free Member

Judging by the comments on here it seems to me that all Cameron needs to do is to replace IDS with a more appealing character and Tories could carry on pursuing exactly the same polices with less public objection.

how unlike the left to get caught up in thinking that personality is more important than policy…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“But he’s not a Tory rebel.”

Who said he was?

You tell me. I said he wasn’t.

If you really need me to elaborate……….But he’s not a Tory rebel, so the agenda he is pursuing is completely in line with Conservative Party policy.

Welcome to the thread ninfan. So what’s your opinion of IDS…….great guy or what ?

unovolo
    Free Member

Wooh hah hah hahhh

jimw
    Free Member

Ernie_lynch, I wasn’t particularly talking about the policies, although I don’t agree with them for the most part, I am talking about him as an individual, as a thouroughly unpleasant person. I think it is his lack of anything that approaches humanity and his utter conviction he is right even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary because he “believes it to be true” and has no compunction in being economical with the truth that puts me off. That and the smugness.

This dislike would apply to anyone with a similar combination of traits whatever their political affiliation, but in my limited experience, most people with these traits tend to be right leaning.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I am talking about him as an individual, as a thouroughly unpleasant person.

Fair enough, I can’t really comment on his personality as I’ve never met him, my opinion of him is restricted to the policies he pursues as a Tory minister, which appear to fall in line with other Tory ministers, including the Prime Minister.

But anyway I’m interested in ninfan’s views on IDS………I’m sure he must be a big fan who could counter some of the less pleasant comments which have been expressed so far 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

As with you, I’ve never met the bloke – he seems far removed from the real right wing of the party.

Funny the ire he attracts, considering that Labour have ended up supporting or adopting nearly all the policies he’s introduced… Still, I suppose that’s why they have to rely on calling him names…

onehundredthidiot

I Think I’m working on the principle that if IDS approves of something then we should all oppose it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

he seems far removed from the real right wing of the party.

Ah I see. As an established supporter of “the real right wing of the party” I assume Z-11 that IDS isn’t right-wing enough for you, have I got that right ?

I suppose that’s why they have to rely on calling him names

Go on then……tells us, what names have they been calling him ? 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

I Think I’m working on the principle that if IDS approves of something then we should all oppose it.

You might want to tell Frank Field (former Labour Welfare Reform minister incase you’d forgotten) 😆

https://www.politicshome.com/economy-and-work/articles/story/cut-tax-credits-says-labours-frank-field

jimw
    Free Member

It could mean that Frank Field is wrong as well…..
    In my opinion of course, other people’s opinions may vary.

binners

Frank Fields ideas about the other side of the coin – making employers pay a proper living wage – are a bit different from George and IDS though

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It could mean that Frank Field is wrong as well…..

That doesn’t make any sense to ninfan. He works on the principle that if you are opposed to the Tories then it must follow that you fully embrace Labour, notice how he used a laughing emoticon because he thought that he had “caught you out”. He sees everything in very simplistic black and white tribalistic terms.

So anyway Z-11, you still haven’t answered the question, ie, is IDS not right-wing enough for you ? Is that what you meant by “he seems far removed from the real right wing of the party” ?

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Passed him as he was entering the tube late the other evening, he must have been heading back into town and wasn’t visibly kicking children down the steps or smeared in the blood of the poor… Seeing as he’s so disliked was amazed that he didnt have any security with him at all.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Going on today’s budget I’ll be £80/yr better off, but the ex-wife will be £1500/yr worse off. That will also ensure that she never works full time ever again as she would be roughly £7000.yr worse off. Budget for the working people my arse.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘There is someting about IDS…’ is closed to new replies.