Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • E book readers
  • colonelwax
    Free Member

Anyone know owt about these?

Thinking of getting one but just wondered if you've used one or have any reccomendations?

Thanks

Mackem

My granny and mam both have a Sony e-reader, they love them and if they can use them anyone can.

simon_g

I'm waiting for the Kindle – apparently will be out in the UK before Christmas.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Wife uses the Sone one – on offer at Waterstones I think. She likes it, I can't stand a non-paper book. Horses for courses methink.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Cheers,

there arent that many I guess, and I'd looked at the Sony. Will have a think.

Ta

simon_g

I have to say, despite my Kindle leanings, the Sony is rather impressive especially now it's down at £150 (new model on the way I think).

If you've got a big list of old classics that you've never got round to reading it would be awesome. If you're into recent stuff, the silly prices they want for them (pretty much full paperback RRP usually, even long after release when it'll be half that for the paper copy) rather ruins it, especially as you can't give it to someone else once you're done with it. Hopefully they'll go from premium novelty to mainstream soon and prices will become reasonable.

CountZero

I use Stanza and eReader on my iPhone. Work perfectly, and there's loads of books available for free, as well. I believe there are ebook readers for other phone platforms, too, plus you can get computer desktop versions as well. I've got several dozen books on my phone at the moment, plus a few obtained from the app store. Some people don't get on with the smaller screen, but it doesn't bother me. Handy for quiet periods at work, or sitting in a cafe.

bassspine
    Free Member

I use the free Read Them All on my Palm Tungsten. I haven't had to pay for an ebook yet, there's shedloads of public domain books.

You can pick up a Palm handheld for a few quid on EbAy…

colonelwax
    Free Member

Sorry, maybe should have been a bit clearer – my eyes are a bit knackered so I could do with a reasonable size screen really, so I guess phones/PDAs would be too small

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘E book readers’ is closed to new replies.