Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • E-Bay purchase help
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

We said we’ll wait and see what happens for now.
    All I wanted to do was to sus out the best way forwards to sort this out.
    Seems to be 50:50 on here that we should either continue to wait or request our money back from the seller.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    You’re clearly looking at it from a sellers pespective, try looking at it from a buyers perspective. If you’d bought something how long would you be prepared to wait before getting your refund.

Bottom line: you are protected by ebay throughout, as soon as the seller refunds you, he has no protection.

That’s why the seller’s position trumps the buyers IMO.

Being out of £10 for 7 weeks, I could handle it.

spooky_b329

The 15 days is to allow royal mail to return the package to the sender if it was undeliverable. If it turns up in the subsequent ‘investigation’ they should return it to the sender.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sas
    Free Member

should being the operative word.

bigyinn
    Free Member

As i’ve already said its not the money, its the principle. Why should I be out of pocket? I’ve done nothing wrong.
    If it was a £200 frame would it be any different then??

Taff
    Free Member

If the seller is being helpful then don’t think there’s much you can do against them at this point. If it’s lost they will also be out of pocket but the claim should cover that in which case they should get the ebay fees back and should conpensate you accordingly. You could claim back off paypal but they might not do anything if she/he’s shown proactiveness in chasing royal mail.

cynic-al
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    As i’ve already said its not the money, its the principle. Why should I be out of pocket? I’ve done nothing wrong.

You’re not out of pocket.

You are being asked to show some patience because a 3rd party has ****ed up and the seller has no protection.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Err how does having no jacket or refund mean I am not out of pocket?
    And so far what protection have I had?
    We’ve shown 3 weeks of patience. How long is long enough?? 3 weeks? 6 weeks? 2 months?
    Al, if I’d dropped £200 on a frame that had then just disappeared, I’d be on the bomber path weeks ago.
    You sure you’re not just taking the opposing position just because you can?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I think you have been more than patient. If I was the seller I would refund you straight away now.

I think CA has a very one sided pov. The only person down at the moment is the buyer. The seller has had the money since the beginning. If its now delivered its irrelevant. The seller should seek compensation back from RM to cover their loss.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thank you gravitysucks. We’re going to contact the seller later on today and request our money back. Im assuming they will have raised this at their end with RM by now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seller would not get compo if it had been delivered.

OP you will get your money back, you are protected by ebay throughout, but the seller is not. I’ve tried to explain my POV, I don’t think I can make it any simpler (have a read of the ebay and paypal policies), but you are unwilling to accept it.

Cheerio.

jota180
    Free Member

Just give the seller a couple of days to refund, if he stalls or doesn’t do it
    Simply open an ebay dispute and let them sort it

You shouldn’t have to waste your time and energy because the sellers courier has cocked up

bigyinn
    Free Member

Al, you’re not much good at seeing the other side of the arguement are you? Just because you have a different POV from me doesnt make EITHER of us wrong!
    I ask again, if you were in the same situation, but had put down £200 for a frame, would you still be so on the side of the seller and be prepared to wait for perhaps 7 weeks for a refund?
    Im not looking to start a war with the seller, just want to get a view on whats a reasonable time to get the refund.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m not saying you are wrong, but you’ve made no comment on my points, which are merely factual.

If you’re unhappy then start a dispute as above. IIRC you have 45 days from paypal payment to do so?

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘E-Bay purchase help’ is closed to new replies.