Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • E-13 XCX+ wheels vs Hope Pro 6 vs anything else?
  • somafunk

Anyone got opinions on the E13 XCX+ wheels as shown below?, they’ll be fitted to a cove hummer with Kashima 140mm floats or the new 140mm Magura Thors for general riding, eg trail centre/allday in the hills,no hucking drops/jumpy stuff involved, I’ll be running 15mm front, QR rear.

E13 XCX+ Wheels 1460g

Or perhaps the E13 TRS+ wheels as below but i feel they may be better suited to a more burly AM build on a full sus frameset.

E13 TRS+ Wheels 1650g

Both sets are cheapish on crc at the moment and i’m dithering as finding an online review of the E13 wheels is proving to be hard

Or should i just stick to tried and trusted Hope Hoops Pro 3 XC6 with Stans Crest rims?.

I’ve ran Hope hubs/sapim/mavic 717’s for years without any problems on my SS, never had to true a wheel up more than a minuscule tweak here and there so that leads me to believe that i probably ride like a big mincing fairy or rather the E13 XCX will be more than up to the job as they’re wide flanged and with a scandium rim for extra strength.

Ideally i want a strong and light tubeless ready wheelset that weighs less than 1500g – is there anything else i should be looking at for around £600 max? – i thought about the Easton EC90 or Easton Haven (bit heavy?) but i’ve read iffy reports regarding the dodgy hubs/freehubs so that puts me right off.

Cheers,

somafunk

I should’ve noted that i’m a relatively light rider – 70kg/155lb so well within the usual 85kg rider limit on lightweight wheels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘E-13 XCX+ wheels vs Hope Pro 6 vs anything else?’ is closed to new replies.