Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • E 13 XCX Top chain guide on a five?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anybody running on a five? is clearance ok with the swingarm? i assume so just want to make sure – its a BB mounted one btw

thanks! 1×10 here i come!

kiwijohn

If you can run a derailleur, you can run an XCX.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers kiwi – it is a bb mounted one though not a seat tube – but gathering off your response you know your stuff so nice one for that! should work a treat!

xc-steve
    Free Member

An LG1 Trail would be better or the BB mount XCX (which is cheaper). Unless you already have the XCX in which case that’l fit perfect.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hi steve – cheers for info got a standard xcx lined up already so as long as it fits thats cool cheers!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve a cheep m:part one somewhere, looks identical and only cost £16

raisinhat
    Free Member

I’ve got the exact same one fitted to my five, and while it can’t be rotated quite as far forward as I would like, it clears the swingarm just fine, and still works flawlessly, any dropped chains just get pedaled right back on.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cool cheers raisinhat, do you get clear gear changes then 1×10? no rubbing etc?

jam-bo

spot on on a 2007 strange five.

took five minutes to fit and set up. worked perfectly ever since even on some pretty full on DH tracks.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

great news cheers! 8)

raisinhat
    Free Member

I’m running 1×9, and it did rub a little a first, but after some experimentation with spacers I got it just fine. Just be prepared for a little bit of effort setting up, you’ll get pretty handy with a bb spanner.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘E 13 XCX Top chain guide on a five?’ is closed to new replies.