Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DX Spare battery ?
  • thekingofsweden

Anyone know for a spare battery for the dx led light set ?

Thanks

Muddy@rseTony
    Free Member

DX or make your own.

Maplin 2x00ma NiMh AA cells x 12, 2 6AA cell holders and a bit of cable to wire them in parallel plus a plug (probable salvage from an old wall wart PSU). Not ideal as the AA's are being run quite hard (hence the need to run two 7.2v nominal packs in parallel) and recharging is a pain if you only have a slow 4 cell charger.

thekingofsweden

What's all that circuit protection at the bottom of the standard battery for then ?

I guess it's more to do with charging and shut down when the battery is low ?

Cheers

trout
    Free Member

Smudge does good batteries for the DX bastid lights
    http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Do they sell the batteries for the newer lights, the ones in the aluminium case, that work with the old lights? I wouldn't want to buy a replacement battery as the design of that one is the reason my light isn't useable in the first place. (Water ingress)

Pook

Smudge does cracking batteries for DX P7 lights.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I saw, but they're priced similarly to one of the new lights, which also comes with the battery I need, so not sure I can justify the expense.

smudge
    Free Member

Thanks for the up Pook & Trout.

Paul I also do a cheaper 4.4Ah battery as well as the 5.2Ah battery.
    They all come double sleeved and are more weatherproof to the original DX batteries.

Please feel free to email me for more info as I allways have other options available.

Smudge

thekingofsweden

Smudge

will drop you a mail re dx and poss a new li-ion for my light and motion.

I have the multi chem charger for the l&m so I guess that will be fine for your li-ion pack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DX Spare battery ?’ is closed to new replies.