Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • DX lights x 2
  • Toddboy
    Free Member

Anybody tried using 2 DX light units powered by one battery? Is it possible, or would I need two batteries?

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Will it not last for 1/2 the time = pointless.

takisawa2

Yes, will work but for half capacity of one light.

Toddboy
    Free Member

That's what I thought. I saw a place that sold a 'Y' cable and spare light units for the DX light.

footflaps

just buy a bigger battery from BatterySpace and run two off that….

delusional
    Free Member

Ah ha! BatterySpace looks like the place to get a spare battery for my DX then. Can anyone who understands these things better than I guide me as to which battery I would need to buy? Or point me to somewhere else I can get spare battery packs for these.

CountZero

There is someone on here who makes battery holders for four 18650 batteries, the same as the standard pack. Trouble is I can't remember his name. Sorry.

delusional
    Free Member

I think that would be turboferret Xipe? I came across his site but the battery packs he's selling need soldering skills that I don't have. I can probably find someone to do that for me if I get really stuck, but I was hoping to find an 'out of the box' solution.

I have just now discovered spare battery packs on the Geoman site: http://www.geomangear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_41&products_id=141
    Unfortunately it looks like they want $25 on top of that for delivery, which makes it quite expensive when compared to the light as a whole.

dmjb4
    Free Member

is anyone interested in a group buy of helmet mounts and 1m extension leads? $25 postage is poor…

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Is it me or do those connections look exactly the same as the ones on dinnotte lights?

doh
    Free Member

the extension that came with my ayups has the same connectors im using that, maplins or somewhere must do something that will fit.
    the helmet mount is gash prob better off finding some kind of bodge if it costs a lot of money for one.

think the Y cable is so you can have two batt packs for one light.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Toddboy, where did you find the place that has the Y cable and spare light units?

But, why not just buy another, or 2, complete DX light sets and run 2 battery packs – the battery's are so small and light anyway, surely it's got to be cheaper than trying to source parts, cables, soldering, cost of postage, etc?

Would be interested to know if anyone is running 2 of these and if it makes a lot of difference – yeah, obviously you get more light, but is it useful light … if you know what I mean?

delusional
    Free Member

is anyone interested in a group buy of helmet mounts and 1m extension leads? $25 postage is poor…

Just came across this guy on ebay, postage is a fair bit cheaper.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/dapedaler/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Toddboy
    Free Member

http://www.bikelights.com.au/
    Here in Aus sell the spare light units. Geoman in the States sells the 'Y' cable.

I was thinking about just buying a second full system as a helmet mount light. I was just wondering if you can add a second light unit on the bars. Not using it all the time, just switching the second light on when it is needed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘DX lights x 2’ is closed to new replies.