Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • DVO Emerald fork
  • ratherbeintobago

Anyone got one? Does the dinky little integral mudguard make any difference?

jedi

i have not seen a dvo fork in the flesh yet

fr0sty125
    Free Member

How many of these even exist?

EDIT Sorry I assumed you meant the Diamond

ratherbeintobago

How many of these even exist?

EDIT Sorry I assumed you meant the Diamond

Sorry – I did (the single-crown ‘Enduro’ fork?).

Have never seen a DVO fork in the wild either, but due to midweek riding don’t often see many other people out so wasn’t reading much into that…

honourablegeorge

I think you need the dinky mudguard to make it stiff enough. Otherwise, you just t end up with a bright green for that’s about two pounds heavier than a Fox 40, but is still too flexy to use.

ratherbeintobago

This, in case anyone was wondering:

scruff
    Free Member

Ive seen a couple of Emeralds at Revo and Pearce days on shop sponsored riders bikes but no Diamonds that I can remember. DVO Mudguards preferable to those Chris Porter abominations 😯

fr0sty125
    Free Member

That adjustable negative spring coil preload looks good.

honourablegeorge

Right.

Doubt that makes any difference, other than being a nice, neat marshguard alternative.

ratherbeintobago

Doubt that makes any difference, other than being a nice, neat marshguard alternative

It does look neat, and unlike the cable-tie-on ones, it shouldn’t reduce tyre clearance; I wonder why apart from being designed in California none of the other fork manufacturers have done this.

Whether it reduces spray meaningfully is, of course, another question…

legend
    Free Member

I wonder why none of the other fork manufacturers have done this.

I bet that’s threaded straight into the casting and you’ll see threads falling apart in no time as people dont realise/think about it.

Of course this is based on nothing other than my experience of the bike industry being stoopid.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘DVO Emerald fork’ is closed to new replies.