Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Dufffy – really?
  • hugorune

When were Iron Maiden fashionable? They hadn’t even recorded Killers in 1980. You aren’t suggesting that the pre bruce stuff was better?

Sorry – was this is a duffy thread?

DezB
    Free Member

A friend of a friend once got told to F-OFF by Wigfield.
    Bloke : Oi Wiggy, Dadadedadada
    Wiggy : F### OFF
    Charming.

See, far more deserving of an award than the bloody Pet Shop Boys.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I still want to know why Duffy wants to move to Rockferry, has she ever seen the place!!!

MrOvershoot

I still want to know why Duffy wants to move to Rockferry, has she ever seen the place!!!

I did wonder that! I can usually see it from our workshop window but thankfully the rain/mist has rolled in and obscured it 🙂
    I usually lock the car doors when I drive through & its the only place I have had someone threaten to take my bike off me!

DezB
    Free Member

I find her a bit odd looking

Moses

I saw her on the first night of her tour last year, about this time of year. It was in a small venue (The Thekla), her car had broken down en route so she was late – but it was a fantastic gig. She’s got a great voice, smoky songs, and had people humming along after one chorus of some new songs. She deserves it.

DezB
    Free Member

had people humming along after one chorus of some new songs
    😆

Man, I’ve been going to the wrong gigs!

smiffy

I fuggin love Whigfield, me.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Duffy? Lame. Ok she’s got a characteristic voice coz she smoked too many tabs when she was a kid or some other such marketing rubbish invented to try to give her some edginess. She is so edgeless she might as well be a **** golf ball! She. has. no . personality. Every move she does on stage you can tell has been drilled into her. Entirely soulless. It’s like watching a motorised mannequin. She’s anodyne pap of the lowest order, and w*nk fodder for dodgy old barstewards who bought norah jones and katie melua cds. And probably very dim. Seriously, what does she bring to the table apart from karaoke by numbers and chinny grins? Amy Winehouse is many things, but she knocks this dribble of shite into the shade with every word she sings.

Blimey, what a rant! Phew.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah duntmatter – I’ve got a link for you – Lazer Sword mix

Whatchareckon?

andrew
    Free Member

Best releases of 2009 so far:

Mono – Hymn to the Immortal Wind
    Æthenor – Faking Gold and Murder

Forget Duffy. Our brains are fading fast. Don’t waste time your neural pathways’ time.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Intriguing, but is there a Duffy connection?

DezB
    Free Member

Is that to me or him ?
    No Duffy connection to mine, just thought you’d appreciate it as a man of discerning taste

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Duffy wasnt anywhere near as bad as the Ting-tings/estelle debacle. I admit she’s pish.

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

The ting tings/estelle, was the best brit moment since mick fleetwood and sam fox. Just pipping brandon block into 2nd place.

Did someone not actually twig that putting those songs together just sounded shite?

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

When were Iron Maiden fashionable? They hadn’t even recorded Killers in 1980. You aren’t suggesting that the pre bruce stuff was better?

Get a grip dude, it was all over after killers…

kimbers

i cant believe people actualy watch the brits,
    its just a music industry shindig where lots of music industry types get a free p!ss up and try and convince you to buy more of the formulaic crap they churn out and make them even more money
    case in point duffy; give it a few years and your local cancer research charity shop will have 10 copies of her album

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Duffy is actually a Fembot

theotherjonv

A friend of a friend once got told to F-OFF by Wigfield.
    Bloke : Oi Wiggy, Dadadedadada
    Wiggy : F### OFF
    Charming.

I’d say she’s in her rights there. If you’re going to quote her magnum opus to her at least do it properly. It’s:

Diddyannana

vadar
    Free Member

Welsh rare-bit…

I would and she can sing better than Amy Skinhouse the smakkkky…ANY CHANGE PAL..

Plus shes better looking than Charlotte the harlet.

DezB
    Free Member

Pet Shop Boys award –ah, I get it now! They’ve just played their new single on radio 2

conkerman
    Free Member

At least Melua isnt fugly.

Crap music.

Conks

Dudie
    Free Member

I remember, around a year ago, on the old STW forum there was a post raving about this new Welsh songstress called Duffy and how good she was. Many people were in agreement. Fast forward and now she’s met with success you all hate her. Yer fickle bunch 😆

I think Rockferry is one of my fave songs – simply beautiful. And, yes, for the record, I would.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Dufffy – really?’ is closed to new replies.