Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Duff Bags delivery, anyone there?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

I got a delivery today, will check it over when I get home.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

If folks are still looking for a bag for dirty kit, what about trying one of these I have a couple of their 60l haul bags I use for moving rope and rigging kit about at work, and they seem pretty hardwearing so far.

Caving Haul Bag

cannondaleking
    Free Member

If anyone wants my navel issue kit bag there more than welcome too it for £40 posted ps it’s massive and waxed and has the military surplus smell lol

v8ninety

I’ve had some good come with Andrew@duffbags with the last few days, but no bag as of yet…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have checked the bag over and IMO it’s better than the one I bought in 2012, there have been some design improvements inc more strengthening and overall quality seems good too. Very happy with it and good value at £36

Hopefull the others waiting will have theirs soon

lukedwr
    Free Member

Ooo maybe the 7 month wait will be worth it over. Shame as the bike bag I got is excellent, to the point where if I could reliably get them 3 orders from friends.

Time to email them again…

lawman91

My monster bad turned up today after a 4 month wait. Just about fits my large Foxy XR and it seems good quality. Would certainly be interested in another to keep a potential future road bike or my hardtail in, but I’m certainly hesitate after it taking so long. Hopefully they’re over the worse of the supply issues now and things can return to relative normality.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

cannondaleking – Member
    If anyone wants my navel issue kit bag there more than welcome too it for £40 posted ps it’s massive and waxed and has the military surplus smell lol

If if its navel issue I think we can guess what the smell is.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

It is I’m blaming the smell on the water proofing wax stuff they put on it lol.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Woosh! (Naval NOT navel.)

youngrob

Ordered 2nd Jan, barely any comms since then. All emails, fb messages etc have been ignored. My order was only for £40 but I would have expected better service than this.

v8ninety

My big red bag has arrived!!!! Better (8 months) late than never. It’s very nice. I KNEW that they were just charmingly incompetent than actually maliciously nefarious. I wonder how long I’ll have to wait for my mini bag though…

maciejkonrad
    Free Member

I have ordered a bag in June from Duffbags, sadly found this thread afterwards.
    Ofcourse bag was not delivered and after the exchange of emails Duffbag has agreed to send me a refund. I have never got it from them as well. This company seems to be just a scam. Has anyone tried any legal action against them?

richford
    Free Member

Has anyone who has been waiting received their bag? I was told in December that they would start shipping bags again at the end of January. Still no sign of my bag or word from them. 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have ordered a bag in June from Duffbags, sadly found this thread afterwards.
    Ofcourse bag was not delivered and after the exchange of emails Duffbag has agreed to send me a refund. I have never got it from them as well. This company seems to be just a scam. Has anyone tried any legal action against them?

I wouldn’t say a scam, a scam has no intention of fulfilling the promises made.

I got 2 bags off them and they’re great, but they seem badly organised.

v8ninety

Just want to say; still haven’t had my mini duff bag. Annoying.

BoardinBob

I thought they’d gone out of business but it appears they’re still trading and blogging.

http://duffbag.myshopify.com/blogs/news

Can’t believe they have the balls to carry on despite ripping off so many folk.

Anyone bothered doing a chargeback or sending a Letter Before Action threat?

iolo
    Free Member

Just report them tp the police. Took your money, didn’t produce good so in effect they stole your hard earnt cash. And still selling. Taking the piss.

jam-bo

I wouldn’t say a scam, a scam has no intention of fulfilling the promises made.

Not showing much intention of fulfilling those promises it would seem.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have two Monster bags and they are excellent. I appreciate others have been let down

v8ninety

My two duff bags are good to be honest. Strikes me as a good idea poorly executed (and quite possibly costed) than a malicious attempt to scam people. Shame.

jam-bo

Shame

For who? Don’t get why people seem so ready to excuse the company.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s one bloke afaik

The issue with the business model is you pay in advance for items which are frequently out of stock and he only re-orders from suppliers when he gets around to it / has enough orders

I have more than once thought about speaking with him about taking over the bike bag business, they are a great product

v8ninety

For who? Don’t get why people seem so ready to excuse the company.

for me, for losing £30, for the mtb community for losing a potentially good product and possibly for however couldn’t make it work; I’d be surprised if anyone was laughing all the way to the bank. (Although I could be wrong).0

iolo
    Free Member

why people seem so ready to excuse the company.

A cynic might even think that a company representative might have a STW login.
    That’s the only explanation I can think of in this case.

kilo

The blog linked to above states that the company is under new ownership as of 10/2016 and they took over the product when the previous company folded so perhaps it’s safe to order of them now

v8ninety

Ah, ‘new ownership’. That old chestnut.

iolo
    Free Member

So where the hell is the money that was stolen? Is it going to be returned? I wonder if the new owner is associated with the previous? Anybody got any communication about what the hell is going on. Are refunds coming?

TheGingerOne

I had ordered one and it never arrived. I emailed the company and in the end raised a paypal dispute which resulted in me getting my money back.

I guess not everyone paid via paypal.

excalibur

I ordered my Monster Bag in 2014! Dozens of emails have prompted a couple of replies only over the years, no bag, no refund. As far as I know they publish no address and false telephone numbers.

v8ninety

So where the hell is the money that was stolen?

It’s going to have been spent, isn’t it? Either with best intentions but poor business sense, or straight up dodginess, we’ll never know. And I doubt I’ll see either bag of dosh again. Could have been worse. It was a £15 bag, not a £15,000 defender!

jam-bo

Oh well. That makes it ok then.

scotroutes

Do they do diets too?

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘Duff Bags delivery, anyone there?’ is closed to new replies.