Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DT Super Comps – best option?
  • thepurist

I’m about to embark on my wonderful journey into wheel building and am looking at what spokes to get. All the blurb on the net is saying that Revs are light but can be a bit flexy, Comps are stiff but a bit heavier and SuperComps are the ideal half way house. Only problem is finding them as the options seem to be pricey individual spokes from JRA or boxes of 100.

So, any other sources for SuperComps or should I just go for Revs/Comps from CRC and be done with it?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

chainreaction sell DT spokes for reasonable money, but i just use silver ACI DB ones from cyclebasket. Even cheaper and always worked fine for me.

njee20
    Free Member

What is the wheel?

Comps are a great spoke, and aren’t heavy per se. I wouldn’t bother with Super Comps/Revs unless it was a real light wheel personally.

clubber
    Free Member

As above, comps are very good and you really don’t save much weight with revs/supercomps so unless you’ve already got superlight hub and rim I wouldn’t bother.

Added to that, Revs in particular are bad spokes for your first build – they twist lots more than comps which can make it a lot trickier if you’re starting out.

FWIW, I don’t think revs are noticeably more flexy once built up well.

And finally, don’t get het up about using DT – I’ve found Sapim and ACI just as good. These ACIs are just as good as comps IME and bargin price here: http://www.sdeals.com/oscommerce/product_info.php/cPath/35_54/products_id/326

cynic-al
    Free Member

You don’t save that much, I think it’s 40gm per 32 spokes going from comp to rev?

Personally I go for rev front and comp rear.

thepurist

Cheers all – good info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DT Super Comps – best option?’ is closed to new replies.